Registered Nurse Endoscopy (FT) - South County Surgical Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Location: US-MO-St. Louis# of Openings: 1Category: Registered
NurseSystem ID: 14992OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient
surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical
groups and health systems across the country to develop and
optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical
facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical
hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For
more information on SCA, visit .Accountabilities /
ResponsibilitiesWe are actively hiring for an Registered Nurse (RN)
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Assess patient status throughout the perioperative episode of
- Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources.
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patients
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and procedures.
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy
- Communicating the patient's current status to relevant parties
throughout the continuum of care.
- Administering medications safely and correctly using the 8
rights of medication administration.
- Practicing and monitoring aseptic technique.
- Implementing the plan of care including the following
- Managing patient recovery from anesthesia - Moderate sedation
and Monitored anesthesia care.
- Assessing patient status at intervals in accordance with
facility policies and procedures.
- Providing nursing care and appropriate monitoring in accordance
with policies and procedures.
- Performing interventions to maintain the patient's tissue
perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Ensuring scopes are prepared for use in accordance with
policies and procedures and manufacturer's instructions for
- Maintaining endoscopy instruments and accessories in working
order. Troubleshooting and recognizing malfunctions.
- Performing interventions to maintain the status of the
patient's genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal,
endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems
and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline
- Performing interventions to ensure the patient is at or
returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from infection.
- Assessing the knowledge level of the patient or designated
- Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial
response, nutritional management, medication management, pain
management, and expected responses to the procedure.
- Involving the patient or designated support person actively in
decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as applicable.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if
applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration
requirements, state laws, and job descriptions.
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with al SCA and facility policies and procedures,
regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines
when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year of GI, OR and/or medical/surgical nursing experience
- Current state nursing licensure to practice in good standings.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 of employment or
documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
(ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Advance Life support (PALS)
course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility
scope of services within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in GI Nursing is preferred. Working
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours As a representative of Surgical Care
Affiliates, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a
direct impact on the Facility's success. Interaction with patients,
families, physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools,
visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must
be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful,
cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an
atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with
SCA Core Values. EEO StatementWe value Diversity, Inclusion, and
Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, St. Louis , Registered Nurse Endoscopy (FT) - South County Surgical Center, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!