Registered Nurse (RN) - Telemetry - $24-38 per hour
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 8, 2021
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry for a
nursing job in Saint Louis, Missouri.Job Description &
- Specialty: Telemetry
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to increase
the quality of care and quality of life for the patient, family,
and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the quality
and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Establishes effective relationships and serves as an advocate
with the patient, family, and significant other(s) to facilitate
the development of the care plan unique to the patient's care
- Uses the nursing process to develop and implement the plan of
care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine
appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes,
determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate
- Develops assessment and management strategies based on a
consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health
- Demonstrates knowledge of the impact of actual or potential
illness and each patient's physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
- Utilizes leadership skills by coordinating and collaborating
with the patient, family, significant other(s), communities, and
members of the inter-professional team in assessing needs, setting
goals, planning interventions, providing care, and evaluating
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the
patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care
providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the
understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical,
legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within
the boundaries of available economic resources.
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about
measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote
- Fosters a healthy work environment within the practice setting
and profession by serving as a mentor and role model for nursing
colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.4 West is a 30 bed unit that provides
exceptional care to a wide range of patients.-- We are cardiac
telemetry-- and a-- certified stroke care unit.-- 4 West is known
for the team approach to patient care and being engaged with the
patients and families.-- RN's and CP's work closely together to
make the team work. --(Ideal Candidate: 4 West is always looking
for engaged team members, willing to learn and possibly join our
team. We have been very successful in recruiting individuals that
have been student nurses and completed the SNI programs with 4
West.-- This has been because of the team and how they are willing
to accept new employees)Provides direct nursing care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
healthcare organization.About SSM HealthThrough our exceptional
health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM
Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the
comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest
through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system.
The organization's nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are
committed to providing exceptional health care services and
revealing God's healing presence to everyone they serve. With care
delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM
Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and
other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute
facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a
pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an
accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers
in every community it serves. Our Mission: Through our exceptional
health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and
values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000
employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement
is 13 words - short by design. Inspired by our founding religious
sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those
words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Values Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the
sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these
five values consistent with our heritage and ministry: -
Compassion:--We reveal the healing presence of God through
compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person. -
Respect:--We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and
well-being of every person. - Excellence:--We provide exceptional
care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our
Mission. - Stewardship:--We use financial, human and natural
resources responsibly and care for the environment. -
Community:--We cultivate relationships that inspire service and
promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities,
with special concern for the poor and marginalized. SSM Health's
Quality Principles - Patients and other customers are our first
priority. - Quality is achieved through people. - All work is part
of a process. - Decision-making by facts. - Quality requires
continuous quality improvement. Vision Through our participation in
the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those
that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will
experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment
within the financial limits of the system. Benefits - Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified) - Dental Plans -
Vision Plans - Health Savings Account (HSA) - Health Care FSA -
Dependent Care FSA - Retirement Savings - Paid Time Off (PTO) -
Disability - Life Insurance - Tuition Reimbursement - Adoption
Reimbursement - Bereavement - Employee Assistance Program -
Relocation Bonus (if qualified)
Keywords: NurseFly, St. Louis , Registered Nurse (RN) - Telemetry - $24-38 per hour, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!