Registered Nurse OR (PT) - St. Louis OBL Missouri
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Location: US-MO-Kirkwood# of Openings: 1Category: Registered
NurseSystem ID: 11194
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile
techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record
for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory
requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
Education - Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date
(applicable to scope of service)
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or
acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs,
#Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA,
#SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, St. Louis , Registered Nurse OR (PT) - St. Louis OBL Missouri, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!