Assistant Nurse Manager Step Down Critical Care
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Additional Job Information
- 40 Hours per Week -
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible -
- Days -
- 12 Hour Shift -
- Benefits Eligible -
Job ID: 1205147
Employment Status: Full-Time
More Information:Christian Hospital is an acute-care community
hospital with 220 staffed beds, located in north St. Louis County.
As a founding member of BJC HealthCare, the hospital has an expert
medical staff and a diverse workforce of nearly 2,000 health care
professionals who are dedicated to providing the absolute best care
with the latest technology and medical advances. Christian Hospital
is nationally recognized for stroke care and cardiology, and highly
regarded for its excellence in emergency medicine, robotic surgery,
orthopedic and spine surgery, pulmonology and wound care.
Our Northwest HealthCare campus, located six miles west of
Christian Hospital in Florissant, offers the community 24-hour
emergency care as well as a variety of outpatient services and
physician practices.OverviewRole Purpose
Coordinates patient care, personnel management, maintenance of
equipment, equipment purchased, and statistical accumulation.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires,
trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts
professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and
actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of
the department as established by department leadership.
- May participate in the development of departmental staffing,
revenue and/or expense budgets and having direct responsibility for
adhering to those goals. This includes responding to changes in the
business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget
- Provides and oversees patient care according to planned
interventions with regard to their age and developmental needs to
attain the patient's optimal level of wellness and documents
according to policy.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a collaborative plan of
care based on assessment, diagnosis and medical treatment.
- May support the review of staff hours worked vs scheduled hours
and determine appropriate disposition if variation exists. Perform
and approval daily payroll updated. Reconcile time cards, bonus
tracking and coding approval. Prepare, coordinate and execute all
staff communications; prepare huddle agendas and lead meeting.
Determine staffing needs; make nursing assignments as well as
assign overtime. Recommend effective annual increases. Interview
staff for open positions; evaluate and conduct performance reviews
as assigned; draft and issue corrective actions/coaching; follow up
regarding any disciplinary action to determine compliance.
- Responsible for the productivity and actions of that group
meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as
established by department leadership.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - NursingExperience
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Bachelor's Degree - NursingExperience
- 5-10 years
- Licenses & Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification
Clinical - Direct Skills
- Critical Care - 2 years or moreBenefits StatementNote: not all
benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health
CenterLegal StatementThe above information on this description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Assistant Nurse Manager Step Down Critical Care, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!