Nurse Manager NICU
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Job ID: 1205543
Employment Status: Full-Time
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St.
Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical
services, including heart care, cancer care, and womens and infants
services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and
cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in
collaboration with St. Louis Childrens Hospital.
In 2016, Missouri Baptist was named a Magnet-- hospital by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious
designation is the highest credential a healthcare organization can
receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. Missouri
Baptist is the first hospital in St. Louis County to achieve this
recognition, which has been accomplished by less than 7 percent of
hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked
the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
Missouri Baptist Medical Center is a member of BJC HealthCare, one
of the nations largest nonprofit healthcare organizations.
Newly remodeled with the capacity for 25 neonates, the designated
Level IIIA NICU, Missouri Baptist Medical Center is prepared to
handle premature babies, high-risk newborns and multiple births
with a staff of superior neonatologists from Washington University
and St. Louis Children--s Hospital.OverviewRole Purpose
Responsible for the operational and clinical management of a
designated patient care unit(s) on a 24 hour basis. Oversees a span
of control and financial responsibility of > 40 FTE's supervised
+ > $1.5 million in total expenses OR > 24 FTE's supervised +
> $3.5 million in total expenses.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires,
trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts
professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and
actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of
the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or
expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may
affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Directs the delivery of safe and appropriate patient care
governed by evidence based clinical and management practice.
- Ensures team compliance with departmental policies, regulatory
requirements and professional standards; keeps policies and
procedures up-to-date and participates in revisions as needed.
- Promotes, and is accountable for customer satisfaction, process
indicators, quality improvement plans and outcomes in work
- Researches, evaluates, selects and implements systems which
improve efficiency of work unit operations.
- Supports and assists the growth of existing or new
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - NursingExperience
- 2-5 years
- Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Bachelor's Degree - NursingExperience
- 5-10 years
- 2-5 yearsBenefits StatementNote: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health
CenterLegal StatementThe above information on this description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Nurse Manager NICU, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!