ICU Registered Nurse
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Additional Job Information
- 36 Hours per Week -
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible -
- Expert Pay -
- #BJCcareers -
- Holiday Rotation -
- Nights - 12 hour shifts in clinical areas, may start at 5, 6,
or 7 pm -
- Weekend Rotation as Required by Department -
- Benefits Eligible -
Job ID: 1203941
Employment Status: Full-Time
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St.
Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical
services, including heart care, cancer care, and womens and infants
services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and
cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in
collaboration with St. Louis Childrens Hospital.
In 2016, Missouri Baptist was named a Magnet-- hospital by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious
designation is the highest credential a healthcare organization can
receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. Missouri
Baptist is the first hospital in St. Louis County to achieve this
recognition, which has been accomplished by less than 7 percent of
hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked
the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
Missouri Baptist Medical Center is a member of BJC HealthCare, one
of the nations largest nonprofit healthcare organizations.
Critical Care at Missouri Baptist Medical Center Includes three,
10-bed intensive care units providing general medical-surgical,
coronary and neuro-intensive care. Our goal is to provide
stabilization and care of patients with cardiac and vascular
disorders. Our multi-disciplinary team includes an intensives
available 24/7.OverviewRole Purpose
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment,
diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the
guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their
illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's
physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing
care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care
accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and
regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and
life long learning.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - NursingExperience
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Bachelor's Degree - NursingBenefits StatementNote: not all
benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health
CenterLegal StatementThe above information on this description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , ICU Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!