Manager, Practice Development - Faculty Practice Plan
Company: Washington University in St. Louis
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Position Summary:Assists FPP Executive Director, Physician Practice
Development with implementation and management of various strategic
initiatives to expand and enhance the clinical practice. Manages
projects related to development of new WUSM off-campus expansion
opportunities including coordination of space planning, development
of financial proformas and business plans, review of real estate
opportunities and lease terms, facilitation of capital approvals,
etc. Provides consultation to Departments for evaluations of new
business opportunities such as new physician alignment strategies
or practice acquisitions. Maintains and coordinates policies and
procedures to support FPP clinical presence in Illinois. Provides
executive management support for existing off-campus centers -
monitors volumes, analyzes referrals, reviews financial results,
supports off-campus Steering Committees as needed. Assists with
start-up of new WUCA primary care practices and recruitment of new
primary care physicians as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists FPP Executive Director, Physician Practice Development
in the management of projects related to off-campus expansion.
- Provides consultation to departments in evaluation of new
off-campus opportunities for clinical expansion.
- Works closely with strategic planning to understand market
demand and volume opportunity.
- Researches real estate options, determines space requirements,
facilitates development of business plans and financial proformas
across departments, reviews related business agreements and
coordinates required approvals.
- Responsible for managing and communicating overall project
implementation timelines to key stakeholders.
- Projects range from single specialty outreach clinics to large
scale off-campus centers with multiple specialties and
- Leads complex organization-wide projects to implement new
business opportunities and achieve FPP strategic goals and
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration
with senior management and stakeholders to support overall business
- Develops and tracks project plans, timelines, milestones, and
budget using appropriate tools.
- Presents project status updates and findings to senior
management as needed.
- Acts as internal consulting resource to Departments for
evaluations of new business opportunities such as evaluation of
practice acquisitions and consideration of new physician alignment
- Gather and analyze data on business opportunity, facilitate
discussions with private practices and/or referring physicians,
coordinate financial feasibility assessments, ensure key
stakeholder support, assist with funding request if applicable,
facilitate internal approvals, work with legal counsel on related
- Assists Departments with practice operations related to FPP
expansion into Illinois.
- Maintains policies and procedures for new business entity
- Reviews interdepartmental business agreements and ensure
compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates employee leasing arrangements across departments
for new Illinois clinical practice sites.
- Works closely with legal counsel, finance, clinical operations,
physician billing service, and departmental business offices to
ensure compliance with internal and external policies and
- Functions as primary liaison between clinical departments and
facilities/hospitals for off-campus lease transactions.
- Reviews all off-campus leases as part of central administration
lease review process - manages lease renewals, negotiates lease
terms as requested, ensures coordination and alignment with FPP
strategic initiatives and policies.
- Assists with recruitment and management of WUCA practices as
needed. Drafts and reviews provider offer letters, employment
agreements and related business agreements.
- Conducts due diligence on potential WUCA practices.
Collaborates with WUCA management team as needed for onboarding of
Required Qualifications: Master's degree in health related field or
Bachelor's with three years of experience in consulting, strategic
or business planning, hospital administration or physician practice
- Background in real estate or business development
- PMP certification preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and meet
deadlines is critical
- Strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal
communication skills, and functions effectively as a member of a
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills preferred
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis , Manager, Practice Development - Faculty Practice Plan, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!