Director, Infrastructure and Operations
Company: Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals has announced its intent to spin off its Specialty Generics business by the second half of 2019. The spin-off, if completed, will result in the independent company assuming the Mallinckrodt name, and it will be traded on the New York Stock Exchange, with its headquarters in the St. Louis, Mo., area. The name Mallinckrodt and its historical values of quality, integrity and service have long been associated with the Specialty Generics business St. Louis heritage. With approximately 1,600 employees globally, the newly spun company will include an acetaminophen business, a portfolio of both active pharmaceutical ingredients and generic finished dose forms of controlled substances and other drugs, a niche specialty generics development portfolio, a portfolio of third-party promoted and non-promoted branded drugs, and a strong U.S. manufacturing footprint.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The global Director of Infrastructure and Operations will plan and direct all activities related to end user computing, data center operations, server architecture and technology, database administration and web technology services. This position is responsible for formalizing infrastructure and operations strategy, policies and standards to enable cost effective achievement of business objectives and compliance with regulations and industry guidance. This senior IT professional is responsible for the availability, integrity and support of all infrastructure and operations services. This position works closely and communicates with internal and external parties. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND OPERATIONS STRATEGY
* Provides infrastructure and operations vision, enables innovation and seeks to leverage IT trends and external landscape to ensure preservation of compliance, current state of industry practices and achievement of business objectives.
* Defines infrastructure and operations strategy and policies as well as architecture and standards for operating systems, databases, servers, end user devices, email, end user data management and productivity, file and print services, account management, authentication, back-up and recovery, service desk management, image management and patching to ensure service level attainment.
* Manages infrastructure and operations compliance with regulations and industry organizations.
* Assists cybersecurity in the identification of risks and actionable insights and plans to protect the business.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT:
* Establishes and enforces policies, procedures, standards and tools across the enterprise.
* Develops and executes technology solution projects in support of the policies and procedures.
* Oversees the monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, support, and administration of all infrastructure and operations including operating systems, databases, servers, end user devices, email, end user data management and productivity, file and print services, account management, authentication, back-up and recovery, service desk management, image management and patching and other areas as required.
* Oversees and investigates outages including proactive identification where possible, impact analysis, root cause analysis, and recommendations and action plans for avoiding in the future. Provide support to cybersecurity for incidents and disciplinary and legal matters.
* Ensures that back up and recovery plans are in place and performed as required.
* Ensures patching of servers and clients as required.
* Oversees and ensures availability of servers, databases and other technologies to meet business objectives.
* Performs capacity planning and ensures proper monitoring of server status.
* Executes identity and access policies and procedures and completes work according to service levels.
* Monitors and ensures service desk management tasks are performed in support of business objectives including procurement and provisioning of end user devices and computing solutions.
* Selects and implements technology solutions in Infrastructure and Operations.
* Manages equipment inventory, reclamation and disposal programs.
* Establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and seeks continuous improvement of infrastructure and operations practices and tools.
* Liaises with IT-Infrastructure and Applications to provide infrastructure and operations support to business initiatives.
* Collaborates with various business functions to maintain mutual compliance with regulations and business objectives are met.
* Works closely with both internal and external auditors.
* Oversees development and delivery of end user computing training and education to organization.
* Collaborates to develop support plan for expanded needs related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
PERSONNEL AND VENDOR MANAGEMENT:
Manages employees and third parties to achieve objectives.
* Leads, plans and manages geographically diverse team of employees, contractors and 3rd party service providers.
* Trains, mentors and develops team members.
* Oversees the overall relation with service management vendors including selection, contracts, financial management, and governance.
Optimize the cost of IT Services while taking into account quality and risk factors.
* Plan for and manage the infrastructure and operations expense budget, within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost-effective operation.
* Manage financials related to support, vendor management, and projects.
* In-depth understanding and proven technical background and track record of 10+ years in IT strategy delivery, and excellent awareness of the strategic goals and ability to define and influence those goals.
* Deep knowledge of Infrastructure and Operations in an enterprise, global and regional context in an FDA regulated environment.
* Experience and demonstrated knowledge of best practices related to Infrastructure and Operations.
* Ability to conceptualize, select, launch and deliver multiple, sound technology solutions.
* Able to define desired operational metrics and implement the processes required to measure, monitor, and improve on them
* Bachelor degree in Information Management, Engineering or related field required. Master s degree in business or a related field highly preferred.
* ITIL, PMP and other technology certifications preferred.
* 10+ years experience in an FDA regulated IT environment, with strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Application Services. 5+ years of people management experience. 5+ years experience working in an outsourced IT service model (on-shore and off-shore)
* Master s degree in business or information technology preferred; 10+ years IT experience in both Infrastructure and Applications with 3 years experience in a Sr. Management technology position in a managed services, multi-entity, complex and distributed environment required, including budget management.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, St. Louis , Director, Infrastructure and Operations, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!