Sales Account Manager - MiniBulk
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: December 10, 2018
It starts with great chemistry. Univar is more than a distribution company - we're a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world's most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $8+ billion in sales in 2016 - securing the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe. Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people - people like you - and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you're looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you've come to the right place. We invite you to apply for a role on our MiniBulk Services team in St. Louis as Sales Account Manager. Univar's MiniBulk is a complete storage and delivery system that improves plant safety and productivity. MiniBulk minimizes employee exposure to hazardous materials - products are delivered by trained Univar specialists whose first priority is safety. Double containment prevents uncontained spills and protects the environment: MiniBulk is a green, earth-friendly storage solution. MiniBulk enhances productivity and reduces total cost of ownership. Drum storage is eliminated, providing space for more operative usage, and since MiniBulk tanks are located at use points, the hazards related to moving chemicals across the plant are minimized. Because there are no drum heel losses of residual product, every pound of product bought is used. As a MiniBulk Sales Account Manager, you will:
- Build profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them. Responsibilities:
- Enhance Univar USA's position within each corporate account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline
- Grow size of territory in accordance with Univar targets
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer
- Responsible for setting pricing and service levels, as well as maintaining and coordinating customer quotations or providing necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
- Responsible for coordination with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Univar USA employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Serve as initial contact for international chemical distribution opportunities.
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls and effective customer entertainment
- Commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues Qualifications:Experience:5+ years of experience in a sales position with a proven track record of success
- Must have Business Development experience (ability to hunt new business)
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player. Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling #LI-NS1 Univar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification. We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
Keywords: Univar, St. Louis , Sales Account Manager - MiniBulk, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!