Company: Ascension (System Office)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job ID: 273480 Compliance Director St Louis, Missouri Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Compliance Director City, State:-- St Louis,MO Location:-- MOSTL 4600 Headquarters Department:---- Compliance KS OK Additional Job Details:----FT, Days About Us Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension---s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care --- including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities --- in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension---s own group purchasing organization. Job Description Job Summary: The Compliance Director leads and directs compliance activities and resources. Responsibilities:
- Oversees development and implementation of compliance measures corresponding to professional standards of conduct, as well as applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Oversees development and implementation of compliance measures taken to meet applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Develops and administers long and short-term business strategies reflecting the divisional strategic plan.
- Approves promotions, demotions, hiring/terminations, and has direct authority for paying and status changes for associates or groups of associates within business unit.
- Implements cost savings procedures, while increasing product and service delivery within a business unit.
- Provides compliance advice and counsel to Health Ministry Senior Executives and Leadership.
- Provides compliance reports to the Health Ministry Finance Committee and attends Health Ministry Finance Committee meetings.
- Provides compliance reports to the Health Ministry Board as needed.
- Serves as the Health Ministry HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Performs compliance investigations originating from internal or external sources, compiling supporting documentation, analyzing results and developing action plans to address potential areas of improvement.
- Assists in the coordination of responses to regulatory and law enforcement agencies regarding compliance matters. Performs compliance investigations originating from internal or external sources, compiling supporting documentation, analyzing results and developing action plans to address potential areas of improvement. Assists in the coordination of responses to regulatory and law enforcement agencies regarding compliance matters.
Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, healthcare administration, business or related field is preferred.----A graduate degree in business or healthcare administration and certification as a CHC (Certified in Healthcare Compliance) is preferred. Compliance Director ideally has a minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in healthcare compliance, legal, internal audit or other related fields.-- Work Experience:
- 10 years experience preferred.
- The Compliance Director will be supporting Ascension Living, our long term care division.
- Experience with long term care is strongly--preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), St. Louis , Compliance Director, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!