Vehicle Management System Subsystem Engineer
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 21, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States
Boeing-St. Louis is seeking highly motivated engineers to design, develop, and integrate next-generation Vehicle Management Systems (VMS). Candidates will bring their designs to life as they integrate them in electronic system laboratories, hydraulic / mechanical test facilities, and ultimately on vehicles headed for flight test. This position is located in Saint Louis, Missouri. Position Responsibilities:
- Lead subsystem development and integration with VMS systems. Responsible for subsystem component hardware, including integration with vehicle, integration with other systems, system-level verification and validation testing.
- Perform model-based system design and analysis using MATLAB / Simulink
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Develop integration test facilities.
- Develop and execute integration test plans.
- Perform hardware root-cause analysis and support overall system integration anomalies.
- Solve problems and provide support of fielded systems over the product lifecycle.
- Research specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. This position requires an active Current U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's and 12 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 10 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering
- Knowledge that spans mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical / software systems.
- Experience with subsystems integration and model-based methodologies.
- Ability to interface with various project teams, management, and suppliers.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn and integrate latest tool-sets.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with development of hydraulic test environments (i.e. iron bird).
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, MATLAB / Simulink
- Software development experience
Typical Education and Experience:Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Vehicle Management System Subsystem Engineer, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!