Associate Director of Enrollment - Olin Business
Company: College of Charleston
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Scheduled Hours 37.5 Position Summary The Associate Director of
Enrollment will lead a team of records staff in order to create a
clear and smooth transition from an applicant to an enrolled
student. Reporting to the Assistant Dean & Director of Admission,
the Associate Director of Enrollment, provides direct supervision,
direction, guidance and counsel to the Graduate Programs Records
staff. This position will work collaboratively across the Graduate
Programs Office and WashU campus to ensure that students are
prepared to arrive and enroll in courses at Olin. The Associate
Director of Enrollment will be accountable for the completion of
final and official academic, enrollment, immigration, and visa
records--"developing a high level of data integrity and accuracy is
vital for success in this role. This role will help develop and
implement strategies that will help support students, align with
institutional priorities, and ensure overall record quality
throughout the enrollment process. Job Description Primary Duties &
Responsibilities General Responsibilities
- Supervises the Enrollment Records Team. Provides guidance,
support, and coaching as needed to develop a strong team that meets
- Builds knowledge of internal and external policies, procedures,
and requirements, particularly those surrounding student
information and immigration. Maintains a clear understanding of
different graduate programs offered through Olin Business
- Develops strong relationships with other departments in the
Olin Business School and across WUSTL to include Student Services,
Registration and Records, IT and designated liaisons with
- Provides accurate and clear information regarding inquiries
from university personnel, faculty and staff on student enrollment
and arrival information that impact the Assistant Dean and Director
and the Graduate Programs Office.
- Ensures adherence to enrollment and immigration rules,
regulations, policies and procedures set forth by the university or
other governing agencies. Regular and consistent communication with
the Reporting, Recruiting and advising teams in Olin as well as
- Crafts a robust and clear record of manuals and process
documents for work done in Enrollment initiatives at Olin.
- Participates in staff meetings and serves on committees as
- Undertakes all assignments and duties at the request and under
the direction of the Assistant Dean & Director of Enrollment.
- Maintains a clear and accurate process for tracking
students----- enrollment and immigration status for all graduate
business degree programs through immigration and CRM systems.
- Leads the records team in collaboration with the Assistant Dean
of Reporting on qualifying and troubleshooting for errors in
Enrollment data (CRM/Application/Institutional Analysis/SIS),
spearhead quality control checks necessary.
- Trains Admission Recruiters and other GPO staff on immigration
and visa procedures, student enrollment information, and researches
issues with internal and external stakeholders when necessary.
- Partners with internal stakeholders on status of student visa
records and student enrollment information. Communicates with
advising staff as needed to ensure a smooth transition to
- Collaborates with Director of Reporting and WashU IT to create
data definitions and work with Admissions staff to ensure
consistent and reliable data.
- Identifies new areas to research and look at existing data that
will help develop better business processes.
- Monitors web pages, making recommendations for regular updates
and improvements.-- Yield Responsibilities
- Provides supervision and technical direction to all Admissions
staff on the enrollment process for students, including the
collection of final and official documentation.
- Closely monitors data regarding visa and arrival information to
make sure that our final enrollment and arrival numbers align with
institutional goals and priorities.
- Develops and maintains, in partnership with OISS, an efficient
and accurate student visa application process. Supervises the team
and assists as needed to prevent long delays or lengthy
- Identifies patterns or trends emerging with yield and arrival
that allows GPO to act proactively and strategically if any
concerns arise regarding enrollment and arrival.
- Provides subject matter expertise to all international and
domestic Partner Programs regarding immigration and
- Coordinates across interdepartmental units to ensure that
enrollment checklist items are posted communicated and completed.
----- Computer Operating and Systems Responsibilities
- Effectively lead team through system and technical enhancements
that can address strategic needs regarding the student,
educational, and enrollment experience.
- Establishes expertise in the university student information
system (SIS), customer relationship management (CRM), international
student platform (MyOISS), application and other computer operating
- Monitors enrollment trends using appropriate reports and
systems; coordinates the creation and maintenance of reports.
- Identifies new areas to research and look at existing data that
will help develop better business processes. Perform other duties
as assigned. Preferred Qualifications
- MBA or Masters in Education Leadership, International Business,
International Affairs, or related field.
- Two years of higher education admission and reporting
experience and robust exposure to international admission and
- Experience working as an international Designated School
Official (DSO) in an educational setting.
- Effective verbal and written communication, provides a high
level of customer service, and establishes self as a resource.
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple projects.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Demonstrates ethical decision-making, cultural competency,
responsible management through all actions and communications.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and relationship
- Project management background that demonstrates the ability to
implement strategic initiatives on multiple projects at the same
- Executes numerous initiatives concurrently with the ability to
interact and communicate with multiple layers using strong business
- Strong quantitative, analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple database systems.
- Functions as a team member and demonstrate planning, initiative
and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex high volume
environment, prioritize activities and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel.
- Availability for some evening/weekend activities. Required
Qualifications Bachelor's degree and three years of professional
work experience or equivalent education and experience. Grade G12
Salary Range $57,300.00 - $97,700.00 / Annually The salary range
reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade
across the University. Individual rates within the range will be
determined by factors including one's qualifications and
performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for
positions within the same grade and department budget.
Accommodation If you are unable to use our online application
system and would like an accommodation, please email -- -- or call
the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and
leave a voicemail with the nature of your request. Pre-Employment
Screening All external candidates receiving an offer for employment
will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this
position. The screenings will include criminal background check
and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug
screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification
verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or
governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon
successful completion of required screening. Benefits Statement
- Up to 22 days of vacation, 10 recognized holidays, and sick
- Competitive health insurance packages with priority
appointments and lower copays/coinsurance.
- Want to Live Near Your Work and/or improve your commute? Take
advantage of our free Metro transit U-Pass for eligible employees.
We also offer a forgivable home loan of up to $12,500 for closing
costs and a down payment for homes in eligible neighborhoods.
- WashU provides eligible employees with a defined contribution
(403(b)) Retirement Savings Plan, which combines employee
contributions and university contributions starting at 7%. Wellness
- Wellness challenges, annual health screenings, mental health
resources, mindfulness programs and courses, employee assistance
program (EAP), financial resources, access to dietitians, and more!
- We offer 4 weeks of caregiver leave to bond with your new
child. Family care resources are also available for your continued
childcare needs. Need adult care? We-----ve got you covered.
- WashU covers the cost of tuition for you and your family,
including dependent undergraduate-level college tuition up to 100%
at WashU and 40% elsewhere after seven years with us. For policies,
detailed benefits, and eligibility, please visit: EEO/AA Statement
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles
and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially
encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It
is the University-----s policy to provide equal opportunity and
access to persons in all job titles without regard to race,
ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected
veteran status, or genetic information. Diversity Statement
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community
of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive
environment --" fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals
from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals
with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: College of Charleston, St. Louis , Associate Director of Enrollment - Olin Business, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!