Vice President of Community Impact & Innovation
Company: ROME GROUP
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 28, 2023
St. Louis Area Foodbank (SLAFB)
Job Title: Vice President of Community Impact & Innovation
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
Employees Supervised: Director of Partner Impact, Equitable Access
Programs Manager, Community Resources Manager, Community Healthcare
Programs Coordinator, and Health and Wellness Programs
General Description/Position Summary
The Vice President of Community Impact & Innovation leads a team of
experts who are dedicated to fulfilling the St. Louis Area
Foodbank's (SLAFB) vision of a nutritionally secure Missouri and
Illinois. The Vice President develops and executes strategy for the
Community Impact Team ensuring unique community needs are met
through a holistic approach that provides an excellent partner and
neighbor experience while developing a pathway to end hunger. As an
innovative change agent, the Vice President will create and shape
high-impact programs and services, strategize approaches to expand
capacity, and champion availability and access to community
resources across our 26-county region. Collaborates with community
leaders, external partners, and stakeholders to raise awareness of
SLAFB programs and services while learning community needs centered
around ending hunger including poverty, hunger, health, and
- Develop and execute the strategy of the Community Impact
- Ensure key performance indicators and desired outcomes are met
while responding to current trends and opportunities.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders identifying gaps in
community services and existing barriers to access. Respond with
innovative, comprehensive programs and services that meet the
unique needs of our partners and neighbors with a drive toward
- Ensure the growth of our partner's capacity to meet identified
gaps in access or services in their communities.
- Understand the holistic needs of our partners and
- Ensure the Foodbank can provide or serve as a connector to
necessary community resources.
- Provide leadership, coaching, goals, and ongoing support to
Community Impact team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the strategy of the Community Impact department
consisting of the Equitable Access Team, Community Health and
Wellness Team, Partner Services Team, and Ending Hunger
- Develop departmental work plans and budgets; create program
toolkits and curriculum; continuously improve internal processes,
evaluate effectiveness of goals against projected outcomes; and
ensure goals are met according to mutually agreed upon
- Ensure compliance with all partners in accordance with Feeding
America, St. Louis Area Foodbank and other sanctioning body's
operating guidelines, regulations, and rules.
- Ensure excellent customer service, encouragement, and support
to increase the overall capacity of our partner network including
through direct services that end hunger such as nutrition and
- Create partnerships with community leaders, partners, and
external stakeholders to enhance outcomes and impact by stewarding
current relationships and recruiting new and influential
stakeholders to grow awareness of our network, programs, and
- Represent the SLAFB in the community and actively involved in
dialog with influencers who can support our mission.
- Take a leadership role in supporting fundraising and marketing
efforts. Focused on ensuring program design, impact and evaluation
is laid out in a way that potential donors and community members
can easily understand while supporting the drafting of fundraising
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the politics, capacity,
resources, challenges, opportunities, and the data supporting these
across our service territory.
- Collaborate across departments at the leadership level to
gather feedback and support on initiatives and promote
understanding of the team's strategy and tactics.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a talented and diverse team to
meet and exceed organizational outcomes.
- Ensure the incorporation of volunteers, interns, and AmeriCorps
members into all programs, services and at partner sites as
- Serve on strategic committees as designated including, but not
limited to, the Leadership Team, Partners and Programs Committee of
the Board, Disaster Response Team, and Feeding America
- Actively engage with the multi-state food bank disaster
partnership as well as VOAD/COAD partners in preparing the foodbank
and its partners for disaster relief. Includes overseeing emergency
distributions during times of disaster.
- Attending program-related training conferences and workshops as
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required with
emphasis in Non-Profit Administration, Public Health, or another
related field; master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum of ten years' experience driving multi-faceted program
work with an emphasis on program design, collecting and measuring
outcomes using evidentiary procedures, assessing risk, and
garnering financial support for sustainability.
- Minimum of five years' experience managing and developing staff
with proven success in mentoring, leading, and motivating.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Displays track record of effectively leading a performance and
outcome-based program and team with experience in operationalizing
strategies, continuous improvement, and growing programs to
- Demonstrated persuasive, credible, and succinct communicator
with excellent interpersonal skills collaborating with internal and
- Experience in achieving impact through influence with diverse
stakeholders, including forging strong partnerships that build
consensus and trust, and inspire action toward shared
- Customer focused with a strong sense of business acumen and an
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high levels
of honesty and integrity and an innovative, flexible
- Courage to take risks, stand up for what you believe in and do
the right thing.
- Proven experience in fundraising for programming work including
securing multi-year gifts from corporations and
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance, timely reporting and
accuracy of reporting outcomes and inspection results to outside
- Passion for the Foodbank mission and the ability to demonstrate
SLAFB's Core Values: Stewardship, Teamwork, Agility and Respect
- The Vice President of Community Impact & Innovation will spend
significant time in the community, at partner sites, in our
warehouse and at food distributions. Requirements include:
- Walking to and from the corporate office to the warehouse, both
of which are on the Foodbank campus.
- Walking on hard concrete surfaces (in the warehouse or in the
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, pick up and move objects up to
The impact you'll make:
At the St. Louis Area Foodbank, we are working to build a stronger
bi-state region by nourishing people, empowering communities, and
transforming systems. With the dedicated partnership of nearly 600
hunger-relief programs and local agencies - including soup
kitchens, food pantries, shelters, and residential programs - we
are responding to hunger in communities across26 counties in
Missouri and Illinoisby distributing food to more than 400,000
people every year.
Since opening in 1975, and with the tremendous support and
generosity of this community, the St. Louis Area Foodbank has grown
to become our region's largest food distribution charity dedicated
to feeding those in need. Together, we are feeding people and
working to address the root causes of hunger for lasting impact
About the St. Louis Area Foodbank:
- The St. Louis Area Foodbank (SLAFB) is a member of Feeding
America, which is a national network of 200 food banks all working
together for the common goal of ensuring equitable access to
- This nationwide network offers us a variety of resources, like
food, funds, best practices, and gives our work a much bigger,
louder voice than we could hope to have on our own.
- The St. Louis Area Foodbank supports 26 counties - 14 in
Missouri and 12 in Illinois - thus serves, supports and stewards a
diverse group of stakeholders across our region, as well as serves
as a member of Feeding Missouri (the 6 Feeding America Food Banks
in Missouri) and Feeding Illinois (the 7 Feeding America Food Banks
- As a food bank, we collect food from a variety of sources, such
as manufacturers, retail stores, farmers, and individual
- We then store, sort, and repackage that food at the highest
safety standards and finally distribute that food to our network of
agencies and programs, which work directly with people in the
- We facilitate the movement of food safely and efficiently and
offer the kinds of resources and support to our partner agencies
that a single food pantry or shelter could not hope to access on
- VISION: A nutritionally secure Missouri and Illinois.
- MISSION: Building a stronger bi-state region by nourishing
people, empowering communities, and transforming systems.
What we can offer you:
Beyond a great mission, dedicated team members, and an incredible
opportunity to truly make a difference in our community, you will
be generously rewarded for your contributions including:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
- 403b plan with robust company match
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, group
company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and more!)
We work hard, play hard and change lives - so apply to join our
This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
Performance of other duties may be requested. Evaluations will be
in part based upon performance of the tasks listed in this job
description. St. Louis Area Foodbank has the right to revise this
job description at any time. The job description is not a contract
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE
Keywords: ROME GROUP, St. Louis , Vice President of Community Impact & Innovation, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...