CATERING SALES MANAGER
Company: Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Location: Hilton Saint Louis Frontenac - Saint Louis, MO
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: Hospitality - Hotel
Join the 30-year-old Company turned start-up that is making waves in Hospitality!
With Home Offices in Los Angeles + Waikiki, Springboard Hospitality has reinvented itself from a successful 30-year legacy in small-scale hospitality management with a focus on 150 rooms or less to launch its next 30 years (and beyond) as the leader in independent + branded lifestyle hotels.
Be a part of our diverse team where we value innovative thinkers from diverse experience that help define a new intersection of bold ideas & problem solvers.
With properties in now 10 U.S. states, we are known for seamlessly navigating vital asset operations, from revenue management and human resources to marketing, food and beverage, and more. As Springboard, we emphasize the importance of progressive innovation as an integral component to our success.
Springboard has undergone a process of identifying five key words that define our essential characterizes in our continued belief that others who also identify with them as a mirror images of themselves, have untapped potential to enjoy helping create an innovative hotel management company while getting to be their best selves each & every day. Those five words are...
PERSONALIZED > INDEPENDENT > DYNAMIC > CONNECTED > COLLABORATIVE
More efficiency. More innovation. More edge.
Having a keen eye for detail, coupled with your excellent organizational skills and stamina, your execution is phenomenal. You are the party-planner extra-ordinaire!
Are you the Catering Sales Manager whom we are looking for? If so, do read on.
Here's what the job would look like:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various e---orts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, property tours, networking, etc.); maximize room revenue and catering revenue to meet/exceed goals.
- Prepare and review forecasts, weekly and month-end reports and various sales and rate reports to continually assess the group's productivity against the budget, plan and market place
- Prepare and analyze Banquet Event Orders, communicate e---ectively with customers, managers and team members to ensure that all room set-ups, equipment, supplies, sta---ng and menus meet/exceed customer's expectations.
- Monitor and control Banquet budget (i.e. Labor costs, beverage costs, supplies/equipment) and coordinate with events budgets to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while providing quality guest service
- Implement company programs and resolve daily operational issues through consistent monitoring of Banquet operations to ensure compliance with safety and security regulations and ensure optimal level of service, quality and hospitality.
- Write banquet event orders, memos, and complete VIP room reservations for Catering guests. Review and revise Catering Department guarantee sheets and weekly event sheets.
- Use Property Management System (PMS) to ensure proper bookings and account information. Utilize available PMS reports.
You may be assigned these:
- Audit client checks to ensure accuracy.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as attending outside VIP parties, social events and entertaining guests. Attend hotel meetings - menu-review, staff, pre-con, etc.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in hotel committees, MOD program and task force assignments.
ONGOING + EVERYDAY TASKS:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General Manager.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the employee handbook.
If interested, please apply at www.springboardhospitality.com > Careers. Springboard is an EEO/M/F/D/V Drug Free Employer
Keywords: Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, St. Louis , CATERING SALES MANAGER, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
here to apply!