Site Medical Director
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Experience & Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of
- Board certified in primary care specialty (Family Practice,
Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Public Health or
Occupational Medicine) with administrative experience in
corrections and/or managed healthcare delivery.
- Current DEA registration. Board certified, eligible, or
qualified by the state law/regulations to practice medicine.
- Requires critical thinking, organizational, decisive judgment,
communication, good customer service skills. Must be able to handle
multiple tasks, be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate actions as needed.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirement.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are
required for this role.
YesCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In
compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Serves as the responsible physician and health authority required
by national standards. Provides overall supervision for clinical
services for the site to ensure appropriate delivery of on site and
off site necessary medical care. While in charge of a site, this
level of position does not manage regular physicians. Full time 40
hours a week or 20 hours a week.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Site Medical Director
with YesCare at St Louis City Jail, MO.
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve
issues in delivering services to patients.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional
and paraprofessional staff.
- Ensure and provide on-call services.
- Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and
procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality
improvement program as well as the corporate Continuous Quality and
Safety Improvement program including review and action on patient
complaints, infection control, peer review and chart audits.
- Manage referrals to outside healthcare facilities for
appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Serve as a professional resource and leader for all staff
physicians and applicable clinical staff at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing, evaluating credentials and
hiring of healthcare providers.
- Participate in in-service training classes. Represent the
healthcare program in discussions with local civic groups or
visiting officials as requested.
- Attend medical, clinical and other meetings, as required.
- Document all encounters in patient's Medical Record. Ensure all
documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensure all verbal or
telephone orders are countersigned as required.
- Provide emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Ensure competence in proper technique for basic cardiopulmonary
resuscitation and AED use.
- Participate in onboarding new providers and nursing staff.
- Provides typical community standard care based on evidenced
based medicine for clinical services required including but not
limited to sick call, chronic care, History and Physicals, and all
emergency care needs. When applicable, visits the infirmary daily
and documents encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned.
The goal is to provide the right care, at the right time, and at
the right location.
- Will provide call as needed for the role.
- Adheres to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before
utilizing non-formulary procedure. Documents pertinent observations
and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary
medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's
approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site
referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds
appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
and related drug therapy with certification as required by
- Supports standards of medical care through adherence to
existing policies and procedures. Serves as a resource to other
professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions
- Attends Medical Staff meetings as required. Provides monthly
in-service education of staff as requested. Participates in monthly
review of quality of care and chart reviews as requested. Sponsors
physician assistants or nurse practitioners as required.
- Notifies Regional Medical Director and Site Health Services
Administrator of schedule changes. Assists in arrangement for
coverage of medical services if unavailable for extended period of
- Participates in all quality improvement measures including
sentinel event review
- Actively participant of the Utilization Review process and
follow proper procedures.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Accountability
- Must be approved by the Credentialing Committee.
- Good stewards of our evidenced based medicine care.
- Documentation must be completed between 48 to 72 hours of any
visit (preferably same day). Ensures Medical Record documentation
is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the
therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and
signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned
within seventy-two (72) hours.
- All test results ordered in facility must to be reviewed within
- The SMD and RMD are jointly responsible to ensure a schedule to
have all results reviewed within 72 hours as well as notes for all
communication. This will only go on the SMD and RMD job
- Develop a plan for transition of care whether within the
facility or external to the facility and ensure that the clinicians
are monitoring the records for patient care needs.
- Ensure that the care recommended is provided when patients go
outside the facility and then return. Professionalism
- Required to be professional at all times.
- Develop professional relationships within patients, care team,
- Good ethical conduct at all times.
- Follow company behavior and professionalism policies.
About YesCare Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job, it's a calling!!!
As the correctional healthcare pioneer and leader for 40 years,
YesCare provides client partners with high quality healthcare and
reentry services that will improve the health and safety of our
patients, break the cycle of recidivism and better the communities
where we live and work.
Benefits (Full Time only)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses - Refer a friend and get paid!
- Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Wages
- Performance Incentive Our Vision
YesCare leads the industry by providing comprehensive healthcare
and reentry services that improve the communities where we live and
YesCare embraces a recovery model of care. This means identifying
and treating underlying conditions to support healthier and safer
living while incarcerated and a better quality of life in our
communities. In partnership with our clients, we deliver
- Safety. We put safety first through preparation and prevention.
- Motivation. We are driven by the desire to improve
- Accountability. We set high standards and hold our people to
- Respect. We embrace our differences as we work toward common
- Teamwork. We achieve more together.
- Evaluation. We use data to constantly monitor results.
- Readjustment. We refine our practices to consistently achieve
Apply today at: Careers.yescarecorp.com
Keywords: YesCare, St. Louis , Site Medical Director, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...