Area General Manager - Universities
Company: Sodexo -Group
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: March 20, 2023
A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success.
*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!*
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Area General Manager to support - our university in the St. Louis Area!!
This role, provides our candidate an opportunity to earn accountability and positions them to grow their multi-unit management experience in the company. - -
This candidate will manage Resident Dining, Retail, Catering and Concessions for a nationally and internationally known university for innovation, entrepreneurship, and extraordinary dedication to students. The school has a strong athletic programs with over 1,300 student-athletes. Since 2015, the NCAA sports have captured 17 national championships, including 13 individual champions. The NCAA Athletics Department has 30 sports competing at the NCAA Division I level.
Our successful candidate will provide mentorship to onboard General Managers of smaller units to optimize Sodexo Best Practices. In this role, our candidate will build out the talent pipeline to prepare for future growth in the region. Successful financial acumen, an understanding of Board Plans and documented history of strategic planning for adverse business conditions will be imperative skills for this position.
-The Ideal Candidate will: -
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.Key Duties- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- - Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals - Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- - Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards - reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention -
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - -Bachelor's Degree -or equivalent experienceBasic Management Experience - -5 yearsBasic Functional Experience - -5 yearsSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Keywords: Sodexo -Group, St. Louis , Area General Manager - Universities, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
here to apply!