Associate Director, Regional Markets - Midwest - MO, IA (Remote)
Company: Novartis Group Companies
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Associate Director, Regional Markets - Midwest - MO, IA (Remote)
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
This field-based role covers the following states but not limited to MO and IA. (St. Louis, KC, MO and Des Moines, IA). For large geographies the associate must be near a metropolitan airport.
The Associate Director, Regional Markets aims to contribute and ensure execution of short to mid-term sustainability of each territory's healthcare ecosystem through territory-specific collaboration initiatives and key Novartis US Pharmaceutical product strategies that seek to improve access at scale for patients through the identification and connection of key market influencers that impact the territory healthcare efficiency potential.
This position will work collaboratively with several cross-functional colleagues across Market Access, Public Affairs, State Government Affairs, Healthcare Systems Engagement, Patient Specialty Services (PSS), Pricing and Channel Strategy, Portfolio Strategy, Finance, Trade, ERC, Legal. This role will also interface with key leaders within the Integrated Marketing Organization and the Customer Engagement Organization to achieve Novartis business goals by ensuring profitable and favorable coverage/access for the entire US IM portfolio, while collaborating with Commercial Access Integration colleagues to maximize pull-through and sales volume.
This position will be responsible for affecting millions of lives across their targeted accounts within the assigned territories. The Associate Director, Regional Markets will be responsible for creating territory and specific account focused business solutions that seek to meet both external customer and NPC business needs by effectively executing channel specific solutions that ultimately lead to customer satisfaction and sales maximization.
Your Responsibilities will Include, but are not limited to:
* Partners with the rest of the regional team to articulate clear and concise inputs on goals and objectives to achieve individual and team goals.
* Collaborates with Director, Regional Markets, and associated leadership team to set team goals that are in line with organization's goals and monitors team's success/progress and ensures all goals are being met or trending toward success on a regular basis.
* Responsible for complete business ownership of assigned territory markets, including inputs to select regional payer accounts, and leverages regional insights to create meaningful pull-through assets.
* Develops product specific and portfolio access strategies in line with Therapeutic Area sales goals and customer needs and aligns account and market access strategy with other Key Sales, Marketing, Medical and NAPA functions and ensures cross-functional support.
* Contribute to the Regional Markets team in building account engagement plans, market profiles, downstream activation, and organizational communication.
* Significant experience in business-to-business negotiations and collaborations with proven ability to form long-term, impactful relationships.
* Drives Regional Market development integrating deeper and broader with regional accounts to secure appropriate medical policy and reimbursement for Novartis portfolio within the assigned region.
* Monitors healthcare public affairs trends, implements customer-centric business solutions that capitalize on business opportunities within region/state.
This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $166,400 and $249,600 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
* Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus.
* Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience, including 2+ years of Managed Markets/Healthcare Market Access experience.
* Respectable knowledge of and experience with complex US payer system, including established experience with Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) and employer groups.
* Knowledge of commercial insurance systems, methodology, and reimbursement policies and processes.
* Experience with creating, developing, and overseeing the implementation/execution large market initiatives.
* Ability to analyze, interpret and understand regulatory and legislative payer and healthcare policies and how to pull-through opportunities for impact.
* Strong problem solving, business planning, and analytical skills.
* Proven management and leadership skills.
Candidate must be based within territory or sub-region within a reasonable daily commuting distance. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation available.
Why Consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for COVID-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for COVID-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
St. Louis, MO
Keywords: Novartis Group Companies, St. Louis , Associate Director, Regional Markets - Midwest - MO, IA (Remote), Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
here to apply!