Director Cultural Arts
Company: JCC Association
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 25, 2023
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Brad Horwitz at
The Director of Cultural Arts directs, supervises, coordinates and
develops strategy for the activities and operations of Cultural
Arts Programming at the J including New Jewish Theatre, St. Louis
Jewish Book Festival and Youth Theatre program departments. The
Director provides leadership, creates vision for future growth of
cultural arts programs and serves as the primary staff person to
plan and implement the annual St. Louis Jewish Film Festival.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement annual five-day St. Louis
Jewish Film Festival. Responsibilities include working with
volunteer committee to preview and select films, contacting film
distributors to secure films and negotiate cost, securing venue,
public relations & marketing, securing sponsorships, budget and
financial accountability, promotion, marketing and ticketing.
- Supervise and support New Jewish Theatre Artistic Director,
Literary Arts Director, Youth Theatre Coordinator, and Box Office
Manager staff. Hold weekly supervision meetings and assist as
needed to achieve programmatic excellence and goals. Supervision
includes documentation, observation, and evaluation of their
- Provide leadership to staff by role-modeling and problem
-solving, model great customer service and open communication
- Create vision and implement strategic direction for cultural
arts programming to include exploration of new initiatives and new
- Oversee, coordinate, and assist in all Cultural Arts
Fundraising and Development in coordination with the J Development
department, to include relationship building, donor cultivation,
program specific sponsorship fundraising and foundation research
and grant writing.
- Oversee, coordinate, and assist in all Cultural Arts Marketing
and PR activities in coordination with marketing department, to
include social media, digital, print and other marketing
- Responsible for oversight of Cultural Arts budgets including P
& L monthly statements and strategic year to year budget
- Serve as liaison and partner with internal J departments as
appropriate, i.e., Marketing, Development, Nishmah, Jewish Life,
Human Resources, Accounting, SRA, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisorMinimum Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Fine Arts, Writing, Communications, Public Relations,
Publishing, Event Planning or related field is required.
- Minimum ten years professional experience in cultural arts or
related field with at least four years of management level
supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient with computers and have demonstrated ability
to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Should also have demonstrated ability to learn new software
programs as there are additional software tools (Showpass,
Salesforce) to learn as part of our operations.
- Scheduling flexibility to attend occasional evening and or
weekend events or meetings.
- Prefer experience/success increasing programming participation.
Should have understanding of marketing strategies for program
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve
- Prefer knowledge of Jewish traditions and culture.
- Prefer experience in Board and Lay Committee interface.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and ability
to focus on multi-year goals and objectives
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, energy, understanding, build
consensus and work effectively with a wide array of individuals,
including colleagues and lay leaders
- Openness to serving as a role model and acting in a
professional manner that reflects good character and ethicsFor more
information about the J, please see our website:
The J is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the
Department of Homeland Security's E-verify Program.
A tradition of welcoming and excellence for more than 140 years
The St. LouisJewish Community Center (the J) is a multigenerational
gathering place,offering a variety of programs and services for the
St. Louis Jewish communityand the community at large. We welcome
people of all backgrounds and faiths.The J provides educational,
cultural, social, Jewish identity-building andrecreational
programming on its campuses in Creve Coeur, Chesterfield and atCamp
Sabra, located at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Throughout ourhistory, the J, a non-profit organization, has been
the central meeting placeof the Jewish Community. It's the one
place where families, regardless ofaffiliation, can feel
comfortable and welcome. We have evolved through theyears to meet
the changing needs of our members, our Jewish community and
theentire St. Louis region.
Everyone iswelcome at the J.
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center enricheslives, builds
community, promotes inclusivity and creates meaningful
Keywords: JCC Association, St. Louis , Director Cultural Arts, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!