RN- Bed Management
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Coordinates and facilitates patient admission according to
patient acuity, bed availability, and required services.PRIMARY
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team
members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve
- Initiates care management process including pre-registration
and insurance verification.
- Stays informed of changes in managed care and communicates
procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the
- Reviews medical reports from referring hospitals or physician
offices and relays information to nursing unit. Develops
relationships with referral sources and admission decision
- Coordinates education and development of internal staff and
external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year registered nurse experience in telemetry or acute
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN- Bed Management, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!