Manager of Application Development- Drury Hotels
Company: Drury Hotels
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 26, 2022
13075 Manchester Rd - St. Louis, Missouri 63131
YOU BELONG AT DRURY HOTELS.
Getting a job is just the beginning. Finding a place where you
belong is what truly matters. Who you are and what you do makes a
difference at Drury Hotels. There's a place for you here today and
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
So. Much. More.
Just as our guests deserve more, so do you deserve more. Be valued
for what you do and who you are ... and well compensated for all
- Incentives - Quarterly bonuses up to $1600/year (we succeed
together!) based on hotel results
- Work-life-balance - Flexible scheduling, paid time off, hotel
discounts and free room nights
- Career growth - Mentorship, cross-training, development plans,
management training, and more-over 200 internal promotions this
- Health and well-being - Medical, dental, vision, prescription,
life, disability and Team Member Assistance Program
- Retirement - Company-matched 401(k)
- Award-winning - Ranked among Forbes' Best Midsize Employers
(2022) and highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Midscale Hotel
Chains by J.D. Power 17 years in a row (that's a record!)
The Manager of Application Development will lead the Company's
application development team. This role works to deliver project
results and value to the business through delivering quality
applications and functionality. This position is responsible for
setting the strategic direction of the application development
teams and recommending application technology architectures and
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establishes and implements standards and best practices to
ensure the highest degree of software quality.
- Oversees the support, development, and testing activities
related to the development of internal application systems,
interfaces to third parties, and externally facing websites and
- Partners with Technical Services, end user departments, and
other teams on all development activities.
- Manages relationships with consultants assisting in application
- Oversees and sets the direction for the organization, ensuring
the delivery of reliable software that meets or exceeds all user
requirements with minimal bugs.
- Establishes procedures and systems to ensure that development
projects are implemented on time and on budget.
- Establishes and tracks metrics related to key performance
objectives and service levels.
- Stays current with technology and industry best practices to
ensure that skill set/knowledge base remains broad and
- Delivers outstanding customer service to internal customers by
understanding their needs, evaluating and presenting viable
alternatives, prioritizing work, establishing reliable estimates,
and delivering systems as promised.
- Coaches, counsels, and motivates development team members to
obtain their maximum potential performance.
- Oversees the implementation of process and procedural
- Identifies and escalates potential concerns related to project
initiatives and recommend viable solutions.
- Ensures compliance with established industry rules,
regulations, Company policies/procedures and best practices.
- Ensures that all applications are developed using best
practices for data security.
- Forecasts resourcing & staffing needs and effectively utilize
all available resources.
- Oversees the execution of multiple projects in a simultaneous
environment ensuring deadlines are being met.
- Completes other duties as assigned
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Four (4) year degree in Computer Science or related
- Work Experience: 5-10 years
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mediate and resolve conflicts among team
- Ability to influence others
- Demonstrated track record of successful systems development
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization
- Prior experience as a software developer, systems/business
analyst, project manager or product manager
- Application development management experience leading IT
organizations in a fast-paced application development
- Experience managing multiple teams with 5+ team members
Rise. Shine. Work Happy. Apply Now. Associated topics: chief
program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product
manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Keywords: Drury Hotels, St. Louis , Manager of Application Development- Drury Hotels, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!