Adult Services Manager
Company: Judevine Center for Autism
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Description:Do you love working with adults with differing
abilities? Are you looking to make a difference in people's lives?
We currently have an opening for an Adult Services Manager in the
St. Louis, MO area. The Adult Services Manager is responsible for
the coordination, implementation, evaluation, and oversight of the
day program, under the direction and supervision of the Hub
Director. The manager is responsible for overseeing a team of
direct support professionals with the expectation to provide the
highest level of care to day program participants.The Adult
Services Manager will:
- Develop and lead a professionally functioning DSP team that
will provide quality care tailored to meet the individual needs of
each participant in the day program.
- Provide leadership, support, mentoring and coaching to all
staff within the day program.
- Train all day program employees to know the routine, policies,
and procedures of Judevine.
- Provide accountability to the day program employees in all
individualized support plans (ISPs) and behavior support plans.
This includes ensuring that all day program employees have been
trained on and signed off on all treatment plans for every
individual receiving support in the day program. This also includes
monitoring DSPs for accurately following all plans of care and
providing coaching as needed.
- Coordinate and hold monthly meetings for day program employees
in order to facilitate open discussion, communication, and sharing
of pertinent information.
- Assure the highest integrity, quality and consistency of
services are provided. This includes modeling and coaching to
provide optimal care and support for the individuals supported at
the day program. This also includes supervising DSPs with deficient
performance and utilizing Professional Growth Counseling as needed
to promote growth and change in the employee.
- Ensure the appropriate ratio to individuals supported and day
program employee to ensure safety and quality services are always
provided. All shifts must be covered by qualified DSPs. The Day
Program Manager will need to act as a DSP in the event of a staff
- Provide regular, professional, and open communication to
families, guardians, and service coordinators to ensure information
is shared, as necessary to provide continued quality services and
- Ensure that documentation is accurate and relevant. This
includes monitoring documentation by DSPs to ensure that data is
being collected as required and that progress notes are reflective
of services and supports provided. This also includes providing
regular feedback to DSPs regarding their documentation and
providing coaching and re-training as needed.
- Audit documents and files to ensure they are maintained to
policy and standards. Ensure that all consents, ISPs, behavior
plans, medication administration records, etc. are up to date,
filed appropriately, and maintained in good repair.
- Ensure the day program is clean and always
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, proof of
adequate vehicle insurance and a clear driving record.
- A degree in a human services field is preferred. Minimum
requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to read, write, and communicate effectively and
professionally in the English language.
- At least two years' experience working with people with
intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The ability to lift/push/pull 25 pounds independently.
- The ability to perform as a responsible leader to model
appropriate skills and motivate others.
- The ability to do an effective job independently as well as
know when to seek assistance from their supervisor and other team
- Dependable and reliable attendance in order to effectively
monitor, lead, and coach employees at the day program to ensure
quality services and supports are provided consistently.
- Previous experience working in and supervising a day
program.Please note that the salary starts at $44,160 and is
commensurate with experience.Judevine Center for Autism does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law. If you have a disability under the Americans
with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss
potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our
agency, please contact us at (314) 384-3957.
Keywords: Judevine Center for Autism, St. Louis , Adult Services Manager, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!