Associate Portfolio Manager
Company: Enterprise Bank & Trust
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Enterprise Bank & Trust was founded in the spirit of
entrepreneurship and community. From the small mom-and-pop coffee
shop to the large construction company that employs local people,
our goal is to help businesses succeed and our communities thrive.
With offices in Missouri, Kansas , Arizona, California, New Mexico
and Nevada, we're strong, growing and committed to supporting the
communities we serve. We extend this commitment to the community to
our associates, offering annual paid volunteer time off and
charitable-matching opportunities. Voted A Best Bank to Work For by
American Banker for multiple years, we offer our associates an
array of benefits and the opportunity to chart their own career
path with us. Join us in the pursuit of our mission to guide people
to a lifetime of financial success, and enjoy a career filled with
professional growth opportunities, interesting colleagues and the
satisfaction of supporting our communities. Together, there's no
Associate Portfolio Manager
The Associate Portfolio Manager leverages capital market knowledge
and experience along with the daily interaction with other
portfolio managers and trust associates to manage investment
portfolios of Enterprise Bank & Trust in a risk controlled
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Allocates 70% of time performing research and managing
portfolios for client relationships.
- Serves as investment team contact for investment planning and
investment advisory issues, in each case coordinating delivery of
these services with the client's Wealth Advisor, Private Banker,
Trust Officer and Administrator. Such issues will typically include
investment risk tolerance assessment, asset allocation analysis,
investment reviews and asset protection strategies.
- Assist the relationship team in providing an exceptional level
of client service and responsiveness based on the needs and
expectations of the client, including regular (at least annually)
meetings and other communications as needed or appropriate. Provide
expert investment management service and advice to the client in
conjunction with the client's Wealth Advisor, Private Banker, Trust
Officer and Administrator.
- Assist in preparing documents for other Wealth Management team
members in the process of closing new client prospects for
investment management and wealth planning services.
- Advise clients and prospective clients regarding market
conditions, investment trends, and investment alternatives
including a direct understanding of and ability to explain a
variety of investment vehicles and options.
- Ensure proper regulatory compliance in processes and procedures
for the team.
- Ensure a high level of ethics, integrity and professionalism in
all client, prospect, public, and internal interactions so as to
promote the Bank's reputation and to ensure compliance with Bank
policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Works with Investment Team members to create analytical tools
and improve operational efficiency related to research and
- Assist with annual regulatory Exams and Audits.
- Maintain knowledge of trust policies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of investment research is required.
- Portfolio management is preferred, but not required.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to handle multiple
clients and multiple business partners at one time. Effective time
management and organizational skills are essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of asset allocation, investment
trading, security research, investment selection, risk management
and economic research.
- Understanding of Modern Portfolio Theory, investment related
concepts such as asset class risk, return and correlation, and
- Ability to independently calculate important investment related
- Ability to independently research and analyze macroeconomic and
investment related concepts.
- Proven experience creating investment illustrations and
delivering in analytics to clients, prospects, and colleagues.
- Ability to independently research a variety of investment
related topics and communicate with Portfolio Management team.
- In depth experience with investment management procedures and
practices. Including designing and developing investment policy
statements, investment trading, investment tax planning and tax
loss harvesting for both traditional and alternative asset
- Financial planning and portfolio management software experience
as well as the ability to independently learn specialized
- Must have the ability to independently calculate a variety of
macroeconomic and investment related statistics in excel.
- Sound business discretion, good judgement, and excellent
problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of regulations, compliance standards,
and market trends.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 years' experience in the investment and economic
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related
Computer and Software Skills:
- Advanced skills in operation of personal computer, including
use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Skilled in operation of research tools, including Bloomberg and
- Experience using trade order management systems.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Progress towards CFA designation
Equal Opportunity Statement
Enterprise Bank & Trust is committed to helping individuals with
disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal
opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you need an
accommodation in order to apply for a position at Enterprise Bank &
Trust please contact Human Resources at ...@enterprisebank.com
Enterprise Bank & Trust is committed to managing our business and
community relationships in ways that positively impact our
associates, clients, and the diverse communities where we work and
live. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. All
employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully
completing both drug and background check screenings. If you would
like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under
the law, please download the Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law poster HERE . Associated topics: associate director,
controller, director finance, finance director, general manager,
manage, operational manager, organizational culture, senior
Keywords: Enterprise Bank & Trust, St. Louis , Associate Portfolio Manager, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!