Director of Events
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 26, 2022
The Institute is looking for an individual to plan, produce, and
promote all events from Board meetings to Festival of Nations.
- Develop and update annually special event's strategic program
plan on basis of organization's budgeted funding requirements for -
virtual, in-person, and hybrid events.
- Prepare outline master plan with all objectives as well as
timeframe for every event.
- Incorporate main organizational deadlines.
- Prepare annual revenue as well as expense budget for every
single activity of event.
- Ensure to stimulate activities to increase net revenue over
- Develop weekly, monthly as well as yearly program performance
- Execute timely adjustments in programs as required to attain
- Upgrade on every aspect of event creation along with
- Ensure to rework events as required to remain fresh plus
- Develop new events being better designed to accomplish company
- Plan plus promote aggressively all corporate as well as
individual sponsorship opportunities related with each
- Incorporate solicitation strategy as well as stewardship
activities as required.
- Provide personalized reports and updates to imperative event
sponsors participating in events.
- Prepare and supervise entire income-generating activities
associated with events.
- Ensure to seek product donations with purpose to maximize net
revenue from events.
- Monitors the progress of the planning and execution of each
task that has to do with the event
- Includes (but not limited to) logistics management, collateral
creation, budgeting and expense management, vendor and facility
collaboration, permits, layout, rentals, securing/managing
volunteers as needed, and event agenda and flow. For awards
presentations, manage nomination and selection process.
- Development of general event management policies
- Supervision of the production process of an event
- Make sure that staff and work personnel at the event adhere to
the management policies that were put in place to minimize hiccups
during the course of the event.
- Perform other appropriate duties as
- Assist with the recruitment, onboarding, training, and
professional development of departmental staff.
- Organize workflows, set staff work goals, develop productivity
standards, and appropriately delegate responsibilities to staff to
achieve the overall organizational mission and program
- Participate in fundraising planning, implementation, and
evaluation, including resource requirements and identification of
potential funding sources, and related grant-writing.
- Maintain sound business practices and prudently manage
resources within the approved budgets and in accordance with
current laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the applicable incurred costs meet the audit
requirements for Federal awards and/or other applicable Funders'
- Oversee the design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality
of the applicable programs, products and services.
- Strengthen operational capabilities through expanded use of
technology, improved operational processes, and enhanced
- Maintain current departmental written procedures.
- Must possess good leadership qualities at all times
- Must have good organizational, analytical, and coordinating
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Must be creative and able to prioritize tasks in the face of
- Design sensibility and the skills to create compelling visual
creatives and basic collateral
- Strong knowledge and working experience of digital
event/program platforms and web conferencing
- Exceptional project coordination and organizational skills,
including managing external contractors
- Skill in problem solving, creating contingency plans, and
handling emergencies when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and build
- Ability to develop oneself through continuous learning,
initiative, innovation, resourcefulness, and critical
- Ability to prioritize, effectively manage multiple projects
concurrently, and take ownership of work.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work extended hours when
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team as
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company
- Must be meticulous, but able to maintain a balanced perspective
in rapidly changing business circumstances.
- Ability to work productively in a multicultural environment and
demonstrate respect for differences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
including videoconference situations
- Great interpersonal abilities
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft 365.
- Expertise with the following software is highly desirable: Zoom
(full features), Canva, Adobe, Chamber Master, Google G-Suite
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in any hospitality-related field, marketing,
communications, or management
- 5+ years of proven success developing and executing events and
that drive both physical and virtual traffic
- Experience working in a non-profit environment a plus
The above statements describe the job's essential responsibilities
and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties
that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Candidates of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to
IISTL mandates that all employees and volunteers have proof of
current COVID vaccination and booster with allowances for
disability and religious exemptions.
The International Institute of St. Louis, a nonprofit organization,
is our community's immigrant service and information hub. To learn
more about the International Institute, visit our website at .
Our programs and services for immigrants, their families, and the
wider community are locally and nationally-acclaimed. We connect
new arrivals with first-touch services and resources, engage
foreign-born and the wider community, and build a more inclusive
community. To apply through our website or to view other job
Keywords: IISTL, St. Louis , Director of Events, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!