Senior Manager, Branch Expense & Purchasing
Company: Edward Jones
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.In a typical branch
office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch
office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships
with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and
Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada
branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Expenditure Management is responsible for the accurate
processing, reporting, auditing, and payment of firm expenses on a
timely basis to support the needs of home office and branch teams
who rely on our work. This is accomplished through strong service
result, a focus on improving internal processes and investing in
associate development. Responsibility Summary :
- Developing, communicating, and driving the vision, strategy,
performance and results of multiple functional areas (primarily
leadership of leaders, potential direct leadership of
- Working with leaders in Finance to set division wide and
department goals, as well as overseeing and collaborating on major
projects both within Finance and across the firm.
- Prepare, summarize, and present firm financial reports and
analysis. Identify trends and present recommendations to Senior
Leadership within Finance and/or across the firm in order to
influence decision making.
- Ability to research technical topics to determine, recommend,
and implement the appropriate action to be taken.
- Balance teams priorities and remove any obstacles to ensure
associates are focused on key activities that meet critical
- Proactively working to impact current and future business
results and decisions.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are developed,
implemented, documented and followed.
- Build, maintain, and leverage relationships to gather critical
information and influence key decisions. This involves
communication and coordination both within and outside the
organization, including at the executive level.
- Communicating key concepts to senior management clearly, both
in written and oral form, in order to effectively influence
- Demonstrating the ability to analyze, comprehend, and leverage
complex financial and/or operational data.
- Continually evaluating and improving processes and controls
related to the department's, division's, and firm's business
- Leverage internal and external relationships to ensure teams
deliverables are in compliance with industry best practices and
conforming to regulatory requirements
- Providing leadership, development, and mentoring to leaders and
associates as they manage multiple projects and people
- Cultivate a high-performing, high-energy culture to maximize
your own and each associate's or leader's contribution
- Lead cross functional teams responsible for implementing
Finance and firm wide business objectives and projects.
- Foster an environment of development for your associates and
leaders and hold them accountable to achieve their desired
- Hold associates and leaders accountable and reward performance
grounded in the RBM framework
- Bachelor's degree and preferred Advanced Degree or
Certification in related field.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience is preferred.
- This individual is responsible for the management of a broad
area and needs to have a depth of knowledge of principles and
practices of a specific field of specialization such as finance,
accounting, construction management, project management,
administration, operations, IS, etc.
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and
- Previous managerial/leadership experience.
- Intermediate / advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office or other
productivity software suites.
- Understanding of PeopleSoft is a plus for roles with
significant accounting or reporting responsibility.
- Knowledge of other software programs and / or specific skills
such as project management may be required to fulfill the
responsibilities of the role.Problem Solving:
- Ability to analyze and manage highly complex situations related
to a broad spectrum of business topics, processes or improvement
opportunities and recommend solutions or improvements to management
(including executive level management) in a clear and concise
- Ability to anticipate problems, recommend and execute
solutions, both within Finance and across firm. Many issues are
governed by regulations, internal policies, and have legal
implications which give guidance but may also present constraints
in problem solving. This requires an understanding of current and
future financial and technical climates in the industry, and
assessing the potential impact to current processes, controls,
systems and the firm's growth objectives.
- Ability to identify accounting issues affecting the firm's
financial condition, recognize the root causes, and identify
multiple potential or innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to solve problems under tight time frames, heavy work
loads, or conflicting demands.
- Knows when to depart from traditional methods or behaviors or
when to compromise for the sake of organizational accomplishment;
adapts quickly and effectively when situational constraints require
a change; employs unique and creative perspectives to situations as
- Ability to make decisions that are often complex and
non-routine, sometimes without much precedent.
- Confidence in making decisions that can have a significant
impact on the overall firm's financial condition, regulatory
compliance, other business areas, outcomes or processes.
- Most of the decisions made in this role are governed by
accounting standards, regulatory rules, and/or other specialized
technical areas in which the ultimate answers are subject to
- Includes decisions regarding size and staffing needs of
particular area(s) of responsibility. Span of Influence:
- Responsible for leading leaders of associate(s) in all
administrative aspects of their employment including hiring
decisions, performance evaluations and making recommendations for
corrective action when associates underperform.
- The financial management responsibilities at this level are
high considering the spend, programs, and processes managed.
- Responsible for providing individualized feedback, coaching and
mentoring to the leaders for whom they are responsible.
- Collaborates with other leaders within the Finance division
and/or other divisions of the firm and with external service
providers. Interact with and influence the finance division, other
business areas, and the firm's financial condition.
- Individuals in this position are typically responsible for a
significant number of associates.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Keywords: Edward Jones, St. Louis , Senior Manager, Branch Expense & Purchasing, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!