Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Performs the leadership function of setting objectives,
planning, staffing and director activities of the laboratory.
Responsible for the department's overall delivery of
- Directs all areas within assigned lab.
- Ensures compliance with QA/QC standards required by CAP, CLIA,
FDA and other regulatory guidelines.
- Directs or works directly on projects of complex scope.
- Develops and implements quality improvement processes and
performance improvement plans.
- Develops financial plan.
- Attends and participates in committees.
- Develops policies, goals and objectives.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- Bachelor's degree: Seven years' technical experience in a
laboratory setting including two years' concurrent supervisory
experience. Master's degree or higher: Five years' technical
experience in a laboratory setting including two years' concurrent
supervisory experience. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Laboratory Director, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!