Care management associate-Medical Assistant
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We're a Little Different Our mission is clear. We bring to life
a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional
service. At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique
gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most
of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and
discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100
Places to Work."
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, Care Manager
Associates are responsible for supporting the Care Management team
in effective transition planning and length of stay
- The Care Management Associate is responsible for coordination
of information and communication and other clerical functions for
the Care Management team.
- The focus of their efforts is to perform duties and
responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values,
and Mercy service standards.
- The position brings a unique opportunity for an independent,
motivated individual who has interest in coordinating and
collaborating with healthcare team members to ensure patients
receive the right information at the right time.
- Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent
with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Qualifications: Education: High School Diploma, minimum
Experience: 1 year Healthcare experience, may include Healthcare
student experience, Minimum required
- Recent hospital experience, Preferred
- BLS (CPR) at hire date, Minimum required, or within 90 days of
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills, Minimum
- Ability to work with and preserve confidential information,
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse groups of people,
- Ability to work independently and in a self directed manner,
- Strong verbal and written communication, and facilitation skills,
- Strong time management skills, prioritization skills, and
critical thinking skills, Minimum required
- Knowledge of Epic, preferred
Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements:
- High Stress, fast moving environment requiring flexibility and
adaptability in multiple environments.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at once and prioritize
effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to concentrate in areas of high activity.
- Work settings include but are not limited to: cubicles, nursing
units, or other healthcare settings.
- Equipment used: routine office equipment, laptop or desktop
computer, copy machines, fax machines, telephones and cell
- Frequent movement, walking and relocation. We Offer Great
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO,
tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are
just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers,
including those working 48 hours or more per pay period! We're
bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of
your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to
pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience
through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're
expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a
positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step
with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid
to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part
of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we
encourage you to apply. #CBE Mercy has determined this is a
safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state
of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this
Keywords: Mercy, St. Louis , Care management associate-Medical Assistant, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!