Director of Residential Counseling
Company: Wayside Recovery Center
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Wayside Recovery Centers mission is to break the cycle of
addiction and trauma for women, children, and families.
For over 60 years Wayside Recovery Center has protected and
empowers women and their families to live their best life. Today we
are a leading provider of comprehensive care for women with
substance use disorder, trauma, and mental health needs. We also
provide children and family services to stabilize the whole
Wayside saved my life!! It is a wonderful program, with wonderful
staff and resources! I will be forever grateful. Wayside Client
Join Our Team!
We want to empower you with:
- Platinum benefits package available: Health, Dental,
- Company paid long term and short-term disability, and life
- Generous paid time-off
- Retirement savings plan with employer match
We are looking for an employee who is:
- Passionate for our mission
- Client focused
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Calm under pressure
- A problem solver
By joining the Wayside team, you will become part of an ethical,
compassionate, innovative team that works together to empower
women, children, and families in our community. Wayside is an equal
opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Supervision of counseling and clinical staff, recruit, train,
hire, evaluate and manage.
- Work with the Director of Training to ensure effective staff
orientation and onboarding for interns and direct reports. Train
and/or supervise interns as directed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for, and ensure
compliance with, all Statute 245G guidelines, resolving any issues
that may arise. Maintain regular 245G compliance reviews of staff
documentation and program procedures
- Collaborate and support with other teams working within
residential treatment, including Recovery Advocates, Nursing, and
Recovery Services. Collaborate with all Wayside teams with the goal
of providing quality client care.
- Provide coverage for these staff during illness, leaves or
- Oversee programming, schedules, day to day client needs, admits
- Serve as the designated responsible staff person for day-to-day
operation of program.
- Ensure that counseling staff adhere to the Wayside Program
- Facilitate staff meetings, assist with training and education
of all staff.
- Provide direct services to clients as necessary.
- Facilitate counseling and didactic groups, conduct family and
- Attend Managers meeting; collaborate and provide support to
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete records.
- Maintain on-going communication with referral sources.
- Role model behavior, which is consistent with and supportive to
people in recovery from substance use disorder. Such behavior will
include upholding ethical standards of the program and reliable
- Be on-call to provide coverage to staff as needed.
- Facilitate educational groups as needed.
- Assist in program planning, implementation, and
- Assist in EHR evaluation, implementation, and
- Identify available resources and refer clients to appropriate
community services and facilitate client access to community
- Serve as a liaison to and/or provide in-services to chemical
dependency and other related community service agencies as
- Participate in in-services, workshops, coursework, and other
continuing education relative to quality client care.
- Audit internal documentation and adherence to ensure state and
- Provide crisis intervention/evaluation as needed.
- Participate in on-site clinical supervision a minimum of twice
monthly, and group supervision as scheduled.
- Must be free from problematic substance use for at least two
years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement
attesting to that fact.
- LADC with license in good standing. Preference will be given to
candidate with experience with mental health and trauma-informed
- Preference will be given to dually licensed candidates.
- Three to five years clinical experience desirable.
- Must be able to pass DHS background study and applicable
requirements and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to time manage and work effectively with
women of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Organizational and excellent computer skills essential.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- Need current Minnesota drivers license with good driving
- No DWIs in last three years; No more than three moving
violations/accidents in past three years.
- Strong attention to detail; thinking capabilities and humor are
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to be responsive in an
effective manner, while maintaining a warm and supportive
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of HIPPA and Mandated Reporting laws.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Sense of humor highly desired.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
Women's Treatment Center
3705 Park Center Blvd.
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Monday- Friday 1st shift, some evening and weekend may be required.
On call required.
BENEFITS: This position is eligible for Platinum Benefit Package
including medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term
disability, vision, ID theft protection, retirement plan with 4%
match after one year of employment, flexible spending accounts for
dependent care/medical savings, paid holidays, and paid time off
See more information on us at https://waysiderecovery.org/.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Wayside Recovery Center is committed to hiring and fostering a
diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and
talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or
activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard
to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Wayside Recovery Center, St. Louis , Director of Residential Counseling, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!