Capital Equipment Sales Manager (Spine) - Midwest Region - DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of
Companies, is recruiting for Capital Equipment Sales Manager for
our Spine organization. The position is a field-based sales
position located in our Midwest (which covers all or parts of
Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Nebraska,
Missouri and Iowa). Candidates can be located ANYWHERE within the
region but need to have reasonable access to an airport due to
travel needs of the role.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most
innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business
in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth
and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint
reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological,
craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. With a focus on
activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions,
we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either
company could accomplish on its own.
Reporting to the Spine Enabling Technologies Leader, the Capital
Equipment Sales Manager will serve as the point person for
end-to-end commercialization. This will include sales and capital
program management for all DePuy Synthes capital platforms in
Spine, including technologies accessed through internal and
external, current and future partnerships. The Capital Equipment
Sales Manager will be primarily responsible for developing and
executing business plans for assigned territories, strategizing and
delivering technology demonstrations, presenting customers with
various capital equipment acquisition options, and driving the
capital sales process to completion. This position will coordinate
efforts with local implant clinical selling teams and Strategic
Customer Group account leaders to ensure the customer achieves the
desired performance goals for implant performance-based
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute quarterly business plans for targeted
accounts for the assigned portfolio of capital equipment in
partnership with local Spine field sales organization and SCG
- Develop relationships with both clinical and economic champions
at new and existing accounts to best understand customer needs,
capital buying cycle, preferred mode of new technology acquisition.
Identify and convert capital sales and program opportunities in the
- Work with the Program Office, Deal Desk, Finance, SCG, and
field sales organization to develop appropriate capital offering
(Rental, Lease, Share Shifts) and drive implant sales growth.
- Present and negotiate capital pricing and program performance
terms with the customer in collaboration with SCG account leaders
and the field sales organization
- Manage regional relationship with Brainlab sales channel as
well as DePuy Synthes Spine sales team
- Influence manage both Brainlab sales and DePuy Synthes Sales
teams to execute on capital sales goals and targets.
- Support new customers in clinical adoption of select
- Work with the customer to ensure customer can achieve their
clinical and economic goals with the new technology and overall
customer satisfaction driving higher customer retention rate.
- Must develop and maintain expert level knowledge on all
assigned capital equipment products and demonstrate a firm grasp of
industry trends, understands market conditions, and develop
strategies to stay ahead of the competition. Complete all assigned
training in timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and critical business
partners to develop and execute customer/product specific sales
strategies and tactics.
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting of any complaints or
technical issues, following documented procedures.
- Open to travel to meet and support customers with any technical
product and or service related issue on short notice.
- Complies with and maintains an active and ongoing commitment to
compliance with all company policies and applicable federal, state
and local laws, including but not limited to HIPPA, Sunshine Act
and the other guidelines on interaction with US Healthcare
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, or 8 years of relevant
professional work experience or 8 years military experience
- A minimum of 3 years of capital equipment sales, marketing or
commercialization experience is required.
- A valid Driver's License is required as part of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and communicate technical product
as well as clinical knowledge of disease states to surgeons and
economic buyers a must. Experience working with highly complex
technical systems and/or working in a critical patient care
- The ability to travel extensively up to 75% including overnight
travel within the assigned territory a must for the role.
- Required to work in a hospital, ASC setting, attending live
patient cases as and when required as part of the job, and wear
necessary protective gear (i.e. lead aprons).
- Position requires sitting or standing for extended periods of
time and may require to lift/move products up to 60 lbs.
- Self-starter who performs well with autonomy and problem solver
who can think critically in high pressure environments.
- Receptive to constructive feedback and collaborates and works
well in a matrix team environment.
- Travel up to 75%.
North America-United States-Iowa, North America-United
States-Illinois, North America-United States-Indiana, North
America-United States-Minnesota, North America-United
States-Missouri, North America-United States-Nebraska, North
America-United States-Ohio, North America-United
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, St. Louis , Capital Equipment Sales Manager (Spine) - Midwest Region - DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc., Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!