National Accounts Manager
Company: HD Supply
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Summary Build relationships and develop plans to increase sales
and profitability for targeted national accounts and make
purchasing decisions. Drive sales by creating, executing and
communicating business plans to grow sales for the organization.
This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal
Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of
the average work week. If selected for this position, the company
will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this
position is an acceptable MVR report. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and maintains business relationships. Strategically
plans customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform
presentations, offer innovative programs and communicate
- Researches, develops and acquires account opportunities.
Effectively communicates competitive strengths and develops
strategy to acquire competitive business.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing
existing and newly acquired accounts and implements those plans
- Negotiates national contracts and rebate programs consistent
with industry management goals.
- Teams with individuals within sales, and other key corporate
personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer
assistance to drive sales.
- Participates in local and national trade associations and
conferences. Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to
solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex
problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees' professional development but does not have hiring or
firing authority. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Req ID R21002400 Functional Area Sales Position Type
Regular HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, St. Louis , National Accounts Manager, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!