Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Perficient's Experience Design group (XD) is purpose-built to help
companies who believe that Customer Experience is the defining
strategic imperative of our day. Their customers have problems to
solve and jobs to be done; customers who want to be heard, to be
personalized to, and who need relevant content with frictionless
customer journeys. XD focuses on building deep customer empathy
through customer immersion, quantitative inquiry, and proprietary
insights we have built by delivering to hundreds of clients. This
understanding sets up multi-dimensional design and prototyping to
imagine the products and experiences our clients need. But
human-centered design is nothing without the humanity of our
talented researchers, strategists, designers, UX architects, and
project managers - our people make the difference and our creative
community thrives by working on some of the biggest brands and
making a real difference in our communities.
Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations
in South America, India and China, will give you the opportunity to
spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Best Place to Work"
year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our
entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us
apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and
The UX Director is both a leader and a practitioner, guiding teams
and executing through the entire design process from discovery to
delivery for digital projects ranging from responsive websites,
mobile applications, and other digital systems. As a UX Director
you will facilitate workshops with clients and users to understand
their needs, scope and plan features and functionality, lead your
team in defining the experience through user flows and wireframes,
testing the experience with users, and documenting the experience
through annotation. You will work closely with clients, digital
strategists, content strategists, project managers, account
managers and front-end and back-end developers to develop
innovative and engaging solutions. Your most fundamental job is to
understand and empathize with the end user and advocate for them at
What You'll Do
You will both lead your team and execute across these
- Provide strategic recommendations that consider the full range
of users' cross-channel touchpoints, motivations, and pain
- Lead and mentor a team of 5+ designers.
- Facilitate client workshops and drive clients to thoughtful,
- Research and understand the target audiences needs, tasks, and
goals and lead the creation of relevant artifacts, such as personas
and journey maps.
- Visualize the experience through design deliverables such as
site maps, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Conduct user research, such as remote usability testing, card
sorting, surveys, heuristics evaluations, interviews, and
- Convey the expected experience through supporting
documentation, such as user stories, requirements, and functional
- Participate in sales activities by quickly understanding a
potential client's needs and outlining a vision appropriate for the
budget, ask, and core user needs.
- Work with a wide range of clients and projects, such as
e-commerce, financial services, healthcare, intranets, and many
You are not expected to be an expert in every single area, but you
should have the ability to identify appropriate team members and
provide feedback to ensure a quality process and experience.
- What experience you need
- Aptitude as a hands-on, strategic thinker who can execute as
well as lead.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of designers.
- Ability to design across devices, from desktop to mobile, and
across systems, from browser-based websites and apps to native apps
- 8+ years as a User Experience Designer or a related
- Proficient in the execution of design deliverables such as
sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes
- Degree in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe XD, Figma and
- Experience with research and usability testing tools such as
UserTesting.com, Userlytics.com, OptimalSort and Treejack.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end Experience Design
capabilities and how they work together.
What Other Qualities Will Help You Succeed
- Strategic, creative thinker able to translate findings into
clear guidance for designers and developers and define clear
- Ability to lead cross-discipline teams.
- Demonstrable passion for designing exceptional user
- Deep empathy with users, understanding that people will expect
a humane, usable, and successful user experience as well as
required functionality and features.
- Ability to communicate well with stakeholders, teammates, and
- A high-level understanding of current relevant technologies and
ability to quickly comprehend the fundamentals of new technologies
and how those might influence requirements, design approach, and
- Detail-oriented, efficient, flexible, and calm in the face of
- Ability to thrive in a sprint-oriented environment.
- Consultancy or agency experience a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach as well as to fit project
budget and timelines.
- Skills in business strategy, content strategy, or writing a
plus--but not required.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and
providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes
Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm
serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North
America. With unparalleled information technology, management
consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient
Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding
digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficients professionals
serve clients from a network of offices across North America and
offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global
Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and
the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete
statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential
functions performed by the employee assigned to this
classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change
the duties of the position at any time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Applicants should ensure that their e-mail
settings will receive e-mail from the iCIMS system otherwise, you
could miss critical communications related to your application.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Keywords: Perficient, St. Louis , UX Director, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!