Director of Nursing
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. Its a calling.By
choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise.Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Director of
Nursing (DON) with Corizon Health at Transition Center of St. Louis
located in downtown St. Louis, MO:
- Provide clinical supervision to 1 nursing staff person.
Implement appropriate work structure and processes to accomplish
goals for patient care specific to contract requirements and
healthcare policy and procedures. Organize the delivery of safe,
effective and efficient patient care.
- Evaluate patient care delivery processes on a regular,
systematic and frequent basis. Provide written reports to regional
team and client as scheduled or requested.
- Facilitate the development of site performance improvement
plans and monitor site progress and reporting.
- Facilitate the completion of random and scheduled audits to
assess site compliance with contractual requirements, accreditation
standards and continuous quality safety improvement (CQSI)
opportunities. As directed, facilitate the completion of the
appropriate CQSI forms and forward findings/completed forms to
Community/State leadership. Participate and serve on site level
- Collaborate with site leadership and client to meet the goals
of the service contract in conjunction with regional
- Identify high potential staff for development, promotion and
- Perform annual clinical competency assessments and checks to
promote the delivery of safe, effective and efficient nursing
- Coordinate and monitor orientation and onboarding activities
for new hires and staff that have moved into a different role.
Perform an on-going assessment of staff learning needs and
facilitate in-service and continuing education for nursing and
ancillary personnel to promote professional development and
enhancement of performance.
- Interpret regulations and standards and communicate site and
unit performance objectives to staff.
- Develop monthly schedules for nursing staff and nursing support
staff and ensure that enough nursing staff is scheduled on each
shift with the appropriate skill level.
- Conduct at minimum monthly staff meetings in collaboration with
site leadership. Assist site leadership with the development and
maintenance of annual operational and clinical performance plans
under the direction of regional operational management.
- Act as a liaison with other operating units, agencies and
outside officials. Ensure nursing records are correctly
- Participate in Pharmacy and Therapeutic, Strategic Initiatives,
Patient Safety/Sentinel Event Committee, Performance Improvement,
Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Utilization Management and other
process improvement committees/initiatives as directed or
- Support Company Initiatives and the application of best
practices in the clinical settings.Corizon Benefits
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School required.
- Current, unrestricted, non-probationary status license as a
Registered Nurse in the state of Missouri.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR Certification at the Medical
Professional Level with AED Training.
- Specialty certification in correctional healthcare is desired
(Certified Correctional Health Professional: CCHP, Certified
Correctional Health Professional Nurse: CCHP-RN).
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in a healthcare
setting, with correctional healthcare experience is preferred.
- Previous clinical operations management experience is
preferred; previous direct management experience within a
correctional health setting is desired.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint and PowerPoint
- Previous experience and knowledge in working with Electronic
Medical Record systems is required.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical
competencies to demonstrate aptitude and fulfill essential job role
- Maintain current licensure and certification(s) required to
perform role/job.A background check, security clearance and drug
screening are required for this role.Corizon Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal
and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Keywords: Corizon Health, St. Louis , Director of Nursing, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!