Director, Management Engineering
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Search for jobs by title, keyword, MOS or job number search
business_center Directors and Managers find_in_page Job ID:
26571-188093 Description SHIFT: Work From Home
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team. You contribute to our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you
have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for
dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us
in our efforts to better our community!-- At HCA Healthcare, you
have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a
customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several
medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even
select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs.
Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, student
loan repayment, flex spending accounts for--medial--and childcare
needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement program.
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and
improve will thrive. That's why after more than a decade we remain
dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate
knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the
rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business
and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide
a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services. Job Summary:
Position is--remote with a preference for Nashville, TN. The
Director, Management Engineering --is responsible for workforce
management to support the strategic direction and performance
improvement initiatives for all lines of business within Revenue
Cycle Point Solutions (RCPS). This role will work
cross-functionally with Executive Leadership and RCPS Directors to
optimize the organization's daily staffing and to identify
processes/areas that will enable the achievement of performance
improvement goals throughout the organization.
- Facilitates process and operational quality improvement
projects by functioning as an analyst, consultant, and/or project
manager as required.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts studies to produce operational
- Analyzes and evaluates organization, processes, methods, and
equipment; recommends changes or improvements based on study
results. Identifies opportunities for automation of processes.
- Develops methods for measuring outcomes against standards;
assists in the identification of criterions and effective
qualitative / quantitative measurement tools.
- Owns/Champions the labor management analysis process including
but not limited to productivity and other labor metrics such as
Man-hour stats, FTE data, etc.
- Ensures RCPS lines of business staff appropriately for actual
and projected account volumes including developing and monitoring
staff scheduling practices.
- Reviews daily productivity data to identify lines of business /
departments that require focus. Works with RCPS leadership to
ensure compliance to productivity goals.
- Continually monitors productivity goals to ensure they are
- Supports the RCPS Lines of Business by providing weekly and
monthly productivity data analysis.
- Assists operations in managing information effectively to
improve efficiency and performance.
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement"
- Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills, &
- Staffing Analysis Skills - knowledge of research techniques
sufficient to collect and interpret data. Knowledge of descriptive
statistics to analyze statistical data and prepare projections and
recommendations related to staffing. Skill in interpreting and
analyzing data and quantitative metrics for correctness and
accuracy. Ability to apply business intelligence strategies to
convert staffing business cases into solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to move beyond labor and productivity
management by providing input toward areas such as resource
consumption, business analyses, information systems utilization,
and process automation.
- Excellent process design, group facilitation and change
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally
and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct
spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to
communicate with all levels of the organization
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term
customer relationships ,building trust and respect by consistently
meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other
employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office
applications and others as required
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired
outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading
- Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and
direction of complex programs and processes
- Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and
understanding of organizational policies, procedures and
- Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and
track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability
to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while
managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and
collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and
problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform
basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures,
punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Education & Experience
- Degree required, preferably in related discipline (e.g..,
Industrial Engineering, Managerial Accounting) with a business
emphasis; Masters preferred. Equivalent work experience may
substitute education requirements if individual has served as a
Staffing leader / Management Engineer in a prior role.
- Minimum of five years relative experience which may include
some or all of the following:
- Process re-engineering and the application of quantitative
- Staffing, FTE management and/or sustainable workforce
development and planning
- Predictive Analytics and forecasting techniques
- Division or company-wide strategy, planning and/or
- Experience with healthcare, Business Process Outsourcing, call
centers, accounts receivable a plus
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications are a plus Parallon is
an--industry leader--in revenue cycle services. We partner with
over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our
parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named
a--World's Most Ethical Company--by Ethisphere and is ranked in the
Fortune 100. HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network
where 275,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all
committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an
organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our
scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and
gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Be a
part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit
your application and help us raise the bar in patient care! We are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status. Qualifications Notice Our
Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility
within your career and we take your candidate experience very
seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee
will request financial or personal information (Social Security
Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like
Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, let us know by clicking-- here .For questions
about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers
at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply share Share What matters most to
our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute
best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible. For
questions about your job application or this site, please
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1. Get job notifications
on your interests HCA Healthcare
One Park Plaza
Nashville, TN 37203 Copyright 1999-2020 C-HCA, Inc.; All rights
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, St. Louis , Director, Management Engineering, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!