Director, Strategic Planning
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Employment Status: Full-Time
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care
organizations in the United States, delivering services to
residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and
mid-Missouri regions. BJC serves patients and their families in
urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and
multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and
outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness,
workplace health, home health, community mental health,
rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC Strategic Planning is charged with leading a wide array of
business development and planning functions by supporting BJC's
individual hospitals, service organizations, as well as BJC's
system-wide efforts. Areas of emphasis include strategic planning
consultation, business and capital planning, market intelligence
and competitor analysis, and market research. These functions
support BJC's leaders in making informed decisions to drive
Responsible for leading major planning projects for hospital
presidents and corporate leadership, providing oversight of the
strategic planning team, and continuously improving the product
provided by the planning department.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires,
trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts
professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and
actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of
the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or
expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may
affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Leads and supports the planning managers in their leadership of
major projects related to hospital planning, capacity planning,
physician market, and corporate planning.
- Assures coordination of growth plans across BJC
- Creates teams and leads BJC hospitals and service organizations
to translate strategic plans into actionable service line
initiatives, including physician recruitment plans, facilities
implications, and pro forma development.
- Analyzes publicly-available market share data to discern
trends, and implications for BJC organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-10 years
- No Experience
Preferred Requirements And Additional Job Information
- Master's Degree - Business/HC Admin
- 2-5 years
Professional - Non Clinical Skills
- Supervisory Experience - 3 years or moreBenefits Statement
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Director, Strategic Planning, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!