General Manager (Sales)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Corporation is a
leading distributor of building products in North America.
Employing approximately 1,900 people, BlueLinx offers greater than
10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately
11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial
manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement
retailers. The company operates its distribution business from
sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its network of
approximately 56 distribution centers. Additional information about
BlueLinx can be found on its website at www.BlueLinxCo.com.
Position Purpose Summary : Responsible for P&L, top line sales,
gross margin and all direct costs of an assigned geographical sales
and distribution district. May have multiple sales territories and
distribution facilities in assigned district. Responsible for all
aspects of sales and operations within district (e.g. sales,
customer service, logistics / distribution management, inventory,
and personnel). Supports and drives sales force effectiveness and
key productivity initiatives. Job Description
- Understands the company's vision, mission, and strategy;
understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes
individual performance goals accordingly. Models and enforces
- Supports 2 branches that are average in terms of size and
profitability among BlueLinx facilities
- Responsible for aligning local market strategy with corporate
strategy to maximize long-term profit / return on working capital.
Communicates strategy to and plans to entire team.
- Has a thorough understanding of the market and establishes
BlueLinx' visibility in the market. Defines and executes to key
metrics for district's success. Identifies and drives key business
development opportunities / new revenue streams.
- Manages all aspects of logistics points in assigned district.
Ensures all customer commitments are met and best practices are
implemented for safety, safety certification, material handling,
inventory management and delivery. Responsible for all aspects of
logistics performance / productivity for assigned logistics points.
Manages to key metrics and drives out variances
- Manages and develops relationships with key customers in
assigned district and determines strategy for value proposition and
product penetration. Manages all aspects of customer service and
- Maximizes sales efforts by focusing sales employees' time on
largest most profitable opportunities. Responsible for managing
sales representatives to improve profitability, product penetration
and product mix with all customers. Conducts joint sales calls with
sales representatives to identify opportunities and maintain /
build customer relationships (including sales representative
coaching / mentoring). Deploys resources to maximize results.
- Manages inventory levels (including slow, inactive,
liquidations/large buys and damaged inventory flow) and aligns
local product mix with local market dynamics and product
- Varying levels of travel on behalf of the company is part of
the requirement for this role.
- Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and
evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable
training and development opportunities to enhance performance,
development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports
accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses
performance issues appropriately and timely. Qualifications
- Strategic planning, negotiation, financial acumen (specifically
financial statements), strong analytical skills (both qualitative
and quantitative), forecasting, decision making, innovation, change
management, persuasiveness and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and teamwork abilities to function well at
different levels in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, sense of urgency,
problem solving and customer focused. Territory management and
target marketing skills.
- Extensive product knowledge, consultative and relationship
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Software and relevant sales
- Years of experience: 10+ years of experience in related field
preferred; 8+ years with MS/MA/MBA. Additional Information All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: BlueLinx, St. Louis , General Manager (Sales), Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!