Associate Director of Admissions - Business School
Company: Washington University in St. Louis
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Associate Director of Admissions - Business School - 49598 Job
ID 49598 Location School of Business Full/Part Time Full-Time
Regular/Temporary Regular Job Type/Schedule This position is
full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. Department
Name/Job Location This position is in the Graduate Programs Office
at WashU Olin Business School. This position is on the Danforth
Campus. Essential Functions POSITION SUMMARY: The Associate
Director of Admissions will lead a team of admission & records
staff in order to efficiently and effectively manage the review and
records process. Reporting to the Director of Admission and
Recruitment, provides direct supervision, direction, guidance and
counsel to the Graduate Programs Records and File Review staff.
This position will regularly support, strategically plan and
collaborate with the Director of Admission and Recruitment;
develop, train and maintain quality staff; enhance and maintain
effective communication and relationships within the School. The
Associate Director of Admission ensures detail and accuracy in the
admission review, and provides constructive and supportive coaching
to the Records and File Review teams. PRIMARY DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES Maintain job responsibilities and meet or exceed
stated goals through on-going and dedicated performance of the
- Management Responsibilities
- Leads records and file review staff in the evaluation process
and works with the team to maintain effective communication with
applicants, admits and enrolled students.
- Supervises, hires, trains and evaluates staff, provides
feedback on ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness corrects
any deficiencies and recommends and implements corrective action
and discipline as necessary.
- Provides professional development and training to assigned
staff on a regular and consistent basis.
- Responsible for helping the team meet enrollment goals for the
- Provides supervision and technical direction on the evaluation
and analysis of application components and manages the processing
team that works to execute incomplete application checks and
validate application components including undergraduate and
graduate academic transcripts, GMAT/GRE scores, writing samples,
letters of recommendation, addendums, interviews and resumes.
- Works with the recruitment team and the admission team to
ensure that all applicants are handled appropriately, efficiently
and timely throughout the admission cycle.
- Manages the development, supervises the execution of the
admission process. Participates in strategy development as part of
the enrollment management team.
- Participates in planning, process mapping and developing
- Evaluates and executes on recommended application and/or
deposit waivers/reduction requests from the recruitment staff.
- Provides subject matter expertise to all international and
domestic Partner Programs regarding admission.
- Collaborates with the Director of Admission and Recruitment in
providing training and review of applications, to determine
admission, to the Olin Graduate Programs based on criteria
established by this position.
- Enrollment, Reporting and Analysis Responsibilities
- Maintains procedures for tracking students' progress in the
application/admissions process for all graduate business degree
programs through Application and CRM systems.
- Provides regular reports on daily transactions and quality
control checks to the Director of Admission & Recruitment and
Manager of Reporting and Data Analytics. Collaborates with the
Director of Admission on qualifying and troubleshooting for errors
in Admission data (CRM/Application/Institutional
- Prepares reports for the admission and scholarship committee
including incomplete applications, admission status and enrollment
status. Will also participate in the private donor matching
- Communicates with internal stakeholders on status of
application totals and decisions, elements of diversity and
- Ensure that deposits are balanced and provided regularly to
- Monitor web pages, making recommendations for regular updates
- Establish and maintain facility with computer operating systems
pertaining to prospective student inquiries, admissions, and
financial aid for purposes of efficient and concise record keeping
and generation of communication and reports.
- Establish expertise in University SIS, CRM, Application and
other computer operating systems.
- Measures application trends using appropriate reports and
systems; coordinates the creation and maintenance of reports.
- Collaborates with team on the end of cycle clean-up, program
audits and final program data.
- Identify new areas to research and look at existing data that
will help develop better business processes
- Admission & Yield Responsibilities
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all Olin Graduate
Degree Programs and all internal and external policies, procedures,
- Interprets and applies admission guidelines, rules,
regulations, policies and procedures set forth by the university or
other governing agencies.
- Provides training and technical direction to Admission
Recruiters on troubleshooting missing applicant documentation and
research issues with internal and external stakeholders when
- Oversees the review and execution of all admission decisions
and official notification (letters) for Olin Graduate Program
applicants including admit, deny, waitlist, refer and defer
admission decisions to cross-sell graduate programs effectively;
works with team to advise the recruitment staff on re-application
protocol and works with Student Services on leave of absence and
- Leads efforts in providing training and review of applications,
to determine admission, to the Olin Graduate Programs based on
criteria established by this position.
- Evaluates recommended application and/or deposit
waivers/reduction requests from the recruitment staff.
- Coordinates across interdepartmental units to ensure that
enrollment checklist items are posted communicated and
- Audit files for official documentation and enrollment process
and provide recruiter updates to missing documents as needed.
- Prepares and updates internal admissions manuals and process
documents as needed, including training records and File Review
team on best practice and efficient review process. Required
Qualifications Bachelor's degree required and five years of related
experience.-- Preferred Qualifications
- MBA degree and business education preferred.--
- Two years of higher education admission and reporting
experience and robust exposure to transcript evaluation and
- Employs effective verbal and written communication, provides a
high level of customer service, and establishes self as a resource
for the Graduate Business Admissions team. Demonstrates effective
communication and ability to motivate others taking into
consideration their needs and concerns.
- Demonstrates ethical decision-making, cultural competency,
responsible management through all actions and communications.
- Employs strategic thinking skills to effectively execute
against defined strategies in conducting successful admission of
all Graduate Business Programs.
- Able to execute numerous initiatives concurrently with the
ability to interact and communicate with multiple layers using
strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple database systems.
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple projects.
- Function as a team member and demonstrate planning, initiative
and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex high volume
environment, prioritize activities and meet deadlines. Salary Range
The hiring range for this position is $52,943 - $68,816 annually.
Pre-Employment Screening All external candidates receiving an offer
for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment
screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new
position within the university may be subject to this requirement.
The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as
applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen,
employment and education or licensure/certification verification,
physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental
registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful
completion of required screening.
- Availability for some evening/weekend activities. EOE Statement
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis , Associate Director of Admissions - Business School, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!