HIPAA Privacy Director
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 14, 2021
We Are Hiring: Location:--Full Time, Days M-F 8:30-5:00pm--Do
you have experience leading HIPAA Privacy and Compliance for a
healthcare organization? In this position you will lead and direct
under guidance from the HIPAA Privacy Officer privacy activities
and initiatives within the Compliance Center of Excellence HIPAA
Privacy service line. You will report to the HIPAA Privacy Officer
and work collaboratively with other Ascension Compliance leaders
and team members, as needed. Apply to learn more!---- What You Will
- Manages and oversees the resolutions of privacy-related
matters, including investigations, privacy complaints, patient
rights requests, and other privacy incidents received through the
Values Line, ministries, and from other methods, in collaboration
with other Compliance leaders, team members, and legal, as
- Oversees privacy-related investigations and follow-up actions
conducted as part of the compliance program privacy monitoring and
maintains, in conjunction with other Compliance leaders, the
relationship with such applicable vendors and teams.
- Assists with the development and implementation of HIPAA and
privacy policies and procedures.
- Assists with the creation of, and conducts as appropriate,
system-wide compliance training and education programs and
initiatives related to privacy matters.
- Prepares and reviews privacy related tracking reports,
incidents, and data analytics to identify opportunities for
educational opportunities and process streamlining.
- Supports the HIPAA Privacy Officer or designees in the breach
notification process, including any follow-up with affected
individuals (e.g., call teams in response to reported
- Maintains knowledge of rules and regulations (HIPAA, HITECH,
state privacy laws) that impact specific ministries and the
organization and acts as a subject matter expert to support and
provide guidance to workforce members.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with leaders
and stakeholders across the organization.
- Identifies opportunities and supports efforts to build a
culture of compliance.
- Supports the compliance privacy function with projects and
programs as needed and performs other duties as assigned. What You
Will Need: Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.Work Experience:
- 5 years of experience required.
- 7 years of Compliance experience preferred, with a focus on
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred. Why
Join Our Team: Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization
dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum
of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health
systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering
compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension
provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and
other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than
160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national
network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than
2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50
senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of
Columbia. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension is an
equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to
all associates and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.For further information regarding
your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the
Law" poster:Please note that Ascension will make an offer of
employment only to individuals who have applied for a position
using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent
offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants. E-Verify Statement: This employer
participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension, St. Louis , HIPAA Privacy Director, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!