Center Medical Director - Dedicated Senior Medical Center - ChenMed -
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 17, 2020
The Center Medical Director is specifically responsible for
executing the ChenMed Way and core model in his/her assigned
Under the direction of the Market Chief Medical Officer (MCMO), the
Center Medical Director will directly supervise, performance manage
and train primary care physicians (PCPs) in his/her assigned
center. The incumbent in this role is accountable for maximizing
overall clinical value while engaging physicians to improve
clinical quality, efficiency, outcomes and physician/patient
satisfaction. In addition to being accountable for the overall
clinical outcomes of his/her assigned center, he/she will also
assist the MCMO in managing day-to-day clinical and business
operations and building positive relationships with providers and
key stakeholders for all ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated Senior Medical
Centers within the market.
The Center Medical Director will have approximately 70-90% of time
allocated to direct patient care as a PCP and/or other clinical
duties, and approximately 10-30% of time allocated to leadership
responsibilities, depending on market needs, size of center,
patient membership and MCMO direction. The Center Medical Director
may have up to 12 direct reports. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Delivers outstanding clinical outcomes and service to patient
panel as a PCP.
- Directs accountability for clinical outcomes and day-to-day
management of PCPs in one (1) center in the market, with regular
presence in the center under direct management, and under the
supervision of the MCMO.
- Manages, mentors and coaches PCPs in his/her assigned center to
deliver outstanding clinical outcomes.
- Oversees and facilitates talent development of the PCPs in
his/her center including, but not limited to: leading facilitated
practice (physician shadowing/coaching), conducting 1:1s with
direct reports, executing leadership development plans and
- Cultivates a center-level physician culture that is fully
aligned with and delivering on the ChenMed core model, core values
& behaviors and service standards.
- Assists MCMO in training of new practitioners.
- Assists MCMO with recruiting and interviewing PCP and
specialist candidates (Note: MCMO makes hiring decisions).
- Reviews/approves center-level referrals and provides back-up
for market referral and delegated utilization authorizations.
- Leads physician meetings, training and education of PCPs within
- Partners with center manager to co-lead center stand-ups and
deliver exceptional patient care across their respective
- Participates in center and team meetings and leads focused
clinical discussions in market huddles, super-huddles, physician
meetings and may participate in external meetings.
- Accountable for appropriate management of hospital sick days
for assigned center as follows: reviews inpatient census daily,
delivers feedback to PCPs and ensures PCPs are keeping in contact
with hospitalized patients and hospitalists; facilitates review of
inpatients and other high priority patients during super huddle,
accountable for discharged patients being seen and coaches PCP on
appropriate flagging of high priority patients.
- Manages clinical teams to deliver VIP service, standards of
care and quality guidelines, HEDIS/STARS, high-risk disease
detection and high-risk disease management and other evidence based
medicine. Other duties as assigned and modified at MCMO's
discretion, which may include:
- Assists MCMO with market quality and performance improvement
- Oversees monthly scorecard reviews and in conjunction with the
MCMO delivery of quarterly CSE analysis.
- Provides training in other ChenMed entities, as needed.
- Develops deep relationships with providers and key stakeholders
in the market.
- Uses the understanding of the local market dynamics to drive
- Builds clinical credibility and trust to deepen
- May be asked to assist and coordinate, in conjunction with the
transition of care team; hospital, SNF, post-acute, UM, and
home-based services for the market.
- Assists with implementation of cost reduction and market
- Other key relationships: Center Manager, Market Clinical
Manager, other cross-functional market leaders, external
sub-specialists and providers in hospitals and post-acute care
facilities. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Consistently demonstrates the following behavioral
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and
delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Uses a combination of feedback
and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths
- Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to
- Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under
- Develops talent - Develops people to meet both their career
goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives engagement - Creates a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
- Interpersonal savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with
diverse groups of people.
- Technical knowledge and skills:
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in a managed care delivery
- Knowledge of clinical outcomes and quality improvement
- Experience of population risk management or complex chronic
disease care management.
- History of being a natural teacher to fellow Physicians.
- Other skills and abilities:
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to build relationships with external
- Conflict management and resolution skills.
- Familiar with, if not proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Computer skills: Comfortable with the electronic medical record
(EMR) and facile with keyboarding.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally up to 30%
of the time.
- Fluent in English. Additional Job Description EDUCATION AND
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- A minimum of 3 years' clinical experience required; 5 years
- Board Certified or, certification achievement within 24 months
of hire into this position, in a specialty area is required.
Preferred specialty areas include: Internal Medicine (IM), Family
Practice (FP) or Geriatrics, but hires may have other sub-specialty
training and board certification.
- Current, active license to practice medicine in State of
- High performing physician with a proven track record of
clinical leadership experience.
- Experience with population risk management or complex chronic
disease care management.
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams in quality
improvement and/or medical/healthcare leadership activities
- If specialty, has demonstrated leadership within his/her
specialty and delivered superior outcomes, with a proven ability to
deliver primary care in our model. Keyphrases: health
administration jobs, medical director jobs, hospital administration
jobs, hospital administrative jobs, healthcare administration jobs,
administration jobs, healthcare administrator jobs, medical
administration jobs, chief medical officer jobs, medical director
position jobs, associate medical director jobs, medical
administrative jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical ceo jobs,
executive director jobs
Keywords: ChenMed, St. Louis , Center Medical Director - Dedicated Senior Medical Center - ChenMed -, Executive , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!