Site Reliability Engineer Team Lead - Rapid Response Team
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Job DescriptionLeads or provides technical leadership for the
focused and prompt provision of operational support to assigned
application systems. This includes mitigating customer impact of
issues, initiating action to determine root causes, and
implementing problem resolution.
The global Site Reliability Engineering - Desktop & Risk - Rapid
Response team is responsible for the 24x7 application support of a
number business critical services that underpin the overall
performance of a multi-billion-dollar business segment within
Site Reliability Team Leads will be contributing to the
availability of services, their security and regulatory compliance,
and the customer experience associated with their domain. The role
also guaranties the reliable, agile and continuous flow of change
required to optimize the performance of their platform ecosystem
and performance of the customer service. The role will have the
Site Reliability Team Lead - Rapid Response
- Advocate and actively contribute with the application support
and incident recovery.
- Guide your team to practice sustainable incident response and
blameless postmortems by analyzing, applying critical thinking and
providing creative solutions.
- Instruct your team to schedule, plan, create and deploy changes
for new software implementations and fixes.
- Practice a proactiveness culture on a day to day basis to
identify potential issues before it becomes a customer facing
- Assist team members with their career, skill growth, and
provide frequent feedback on their performance.
- Work with development and other teams on root cause analysis
- Work with development or automation teams to engineer away from
- Provide application support by participating in rotational
on-call support for major incidents recovery and critical upgrades
during weekend and evening hours.
- Serve as an escalation point for other Systems Administrators,
Engineers, and other technology teams in the resolution of
application and system problems.
- Encourage and assess teams developed documentation for existing
and new systems.
- Promote a customer awareness culture within the team. Foster
innovation and encourage staff to think proactively.
- Assist with the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of
technical talent for the team.
Skill set we are looking for is:
- Impeccable communication skills to convey messages for various
stakeholders, both technical and high-level management groups.
- Set and effectively communicate team and department goals.
- Customer centric mindset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- DevOps culture. Familiarity with CALMS framework. Candidate
must possess the right mix of Ops and Dev skills.
- Cloud experience in any of the major public environments.
Certification is desirable.
- Technically passionate. This position is intended to work as
50% team management and planning, and 50% hands-on.
Desirable technical skills and experience: Configuration management
(Puppet, Ansible, Chef), AWS, IaC (Terraform, CloudFormation),
Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Fargate), CI/CD (Jenkins,
GitLab CI), Splunk, Kibana, Grafana, Rundeck, RegEx.
- B.S./B.A. Computer Science or related field; or equivalent
level of experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a technology support role.
- 2+ years of experience managing a technical team.
- Scripting experience in at least one of the following:
PowerShell, BASH, Python, Perl, Ruby.
- Systems configuration and administration: Windows and/or
- Basic networking knowledge (Network+ or equivalent training
- Solid interpersonal skills and comfortable driving an Incident
Management process involving production environments with a strong
sense of urgency.
- Ability to analyze how components of a distributed system work
together using a broad range of skills and tools.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now
Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to
an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change.
With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news
from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every
challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and
contentall supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we
facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to
find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought
to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified
employees in all our operations around the worldregardless of race,
color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or
any other protected classification under country or local law.
Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world
itself? Come join us.Locations
St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America
Keywords: Refinitiv, St. Louis , Site Reliability Engineer Team Lead - Rapid Response Team, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!