Principle Microservices Strategy Engineer
Company: Express Scripts
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 17, 2019
The Principal Microservice Engineer has proven their ability to
architect, design, develop and implement highly scalable and
reliable IT systems. This person provides the technical leadership
in implementing short and long term strategies for their assigned
team(s), will transform the strategies into prioritized
initiatives, and is able to respond to urgent issues in their
specific function without losing focus on longer term deliverables.
As a technical leader, this person is able to balance a wide-range
of initiatives and manage relationships with other IT leaders. The
Software Technologist may lead internal cross-department IT
initiatives and may participate on cross-functional initiatives for
Top level technical expert in application programming for one or
more systems. Acts independently under general direction. Provides
technical consulting on complex projects. Devises or modifies
frameworks to solve complex technical problems in support of
solving complex business problems. Responsible for program design,
coding, testing, debugging, and documentation and acceleration.
Provides significant input into creation, maintenance and adherence
to coding standards. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of
applications programming. May have duties instructing, directing,
and checking the work of other applications programming personnel.
May have quality assurance review responsibilities.
* Executes application architecture through working with delivery
teams to enable the efficient and optimal use of ESI s technology
assets, ensuring adherence to ESI s IT Strategy, Guidelines and
* Continuously evaluates industry standards, best practices and
technology trends for their ability to support and enhance the
goals of ESI s business
* Provides in-depth technical consultation to business partners and
IT management/development to ensure development of efficient
application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and
* Performs long term and on the fly evaluations of solutions based
on scenarios, outcomes and risk assessments.Performs financial
assessments of platform changes and enhancements.
* Work with technical and business management to evaluate complex
user requests, large projects and strategies.Setting direction to
mature the technology associated with the team. Key aspect of this
is tech debt removal and avoidance through standards-based
frameworks and solutions.
* Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities
associated with supporting the application area.
* Experienced in modeling microservice interfaces within
architectural boundaries and standards.
* Formulate and influence API specifications using structured
analysis and design methodology. Prepare project definition
documentation.Work with functional architects to determine platform
roadmaps, architecture strategy and to define and implement
* Independently code new or modified computer programs and automate
testing of program effectiveness.Provide specifications and
detailed physical designs for applications programs and solutions
to complex requirements and multi-platform integration needs.
* Evaluate error messages, modify code, troubleshoot programming
problems, and conduct performance tuning on computer
programs.Create, maintain, and help assure adherence to coding and
unit testing best practices and standards.Keep current with
industry trends and developments for technologies in assigned area,
and assist in evaluating and developing plans for keeping
* Perform analysis of large-scale, complex, cross-system,
cross-platform changes or issues, may aid in determining
feasibility of future anticipated technical impact.
* Establishes standards for system documentation.Write
documentation describing program development, logic, coding,
multi-platform integration and corrections.
* Provides assistance to IT team members with issues needing
technical expertise or complex systems, programming knowledge, and
industry trends.Mentor team to improve their understanding and
skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials
including manuals and system s documentation.
* Serve as SME for components of the team.Work on special projects
* Has clear alignment to IT strategy and provide input and
influence the IT strategy.
* Bachelor s degree and 8+ years experience.
* Certified in Agile or 2+ years experience working in an agile
* Ability to define N-tier applications, understanding how they fit
into the overall system architecture of a shared SOA platform and
supporting IT infrastructure.
* Solid communication skills (written & oral) with the ability to
prepare clear and concise presentations, technical design /
architecture specifications, status and other written
* Ability to organize and coordinate cross-functional technical and
* An overall understanding of an iterative software development
* Demonstrated ability to work with and clarify vague and ambiguous
* Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of
other related disciplines.
* Expert knowledge and proficiency of programming languages and
* Complete understanding and wide application of technical
principles, theories and concepts in the field.
* Develops and designs technical solutions to complex problems
which require significant innovation and creativity.
* Strong customer service focus.
* Balanced presentation of ideas and information to large
audiences.Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the
organization and to provide balanced information of an idea or
communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
* Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project
* Wide breadth of mentoring within technology and industry trends,
standards and patterns.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project
deadlines. Proven systems thinker who understands broad impacts and
can make and implement recommendations on solutions and mitigate
* Adaptability and eagerness to learn and use new tools,
applications, technology, and industry trends while showing strong
judgement on when appropriate to adopt new technologies.
* Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and influence
decisions of team.
* Has worked in a matrixed organization, or large team
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking I
wonder if I could do it this way ? Our software engineering teams
start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and
patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing,
scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We
work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the
organization to craft exceptional applications with the ultimate
goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for
people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of
millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are
passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service
solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company
that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the \\"Most Admired
Companies\\" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence,
creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products
and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a
comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription
Keywords: Express Scripts, St. Louis , Principle Microservices Strategy Engineer, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!