Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: December 10, 2018
The Cloud Operations Engineer will build and maintain secure, resilient, highly-available, scalable and performant IT infrastructure in public cloud environments. This role provides administration for cloud deployments and assures those environments are appropriately configured and maintained. The engineer will collaborate with application development teams during build, test, and release activity. Responsibilities
- Design, build, and deploy secure and compliant infrastructure systems in public cloud environments.
- Work with partner IT organizations to develop, document, and implement solutions in a consistent, repeatable manner
- Work closely with developers in application troubleshooting, design, and continuous integration from an operational perspective.
- Proactively maintain a broad knowledge of cloud engineering trends and technology advancements
- Respond to Service Requests and Incidents. Plan and implement Change Requests.
- Develop and maintain detailed, shared technical process and procedure documentation Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
- 7+ years' experience performing relevant IT roles
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with application deployment, setup and configuration on Amazon Web Services
- Advanced knowledge and experience with designing, implementing, and diagnosing services hosted with public cloud based providers (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Solid knowledge of AWS services, including: CloudWatch, IAM, CloudTrail, Lambda, EC2, ECS, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier, and tagging
- Experience with infrastructure automation and continuous delivery tool chains (e.g. Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, AWS Cloud Formation, Consul, Vault)
- Experience with Docker containerization and orchestration frameworks
- Experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Proficient with administration and troubleshooting of complex infrastructure, applications, and middleware.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with application development teams.
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Some experience in application development for cloud platforms using technologies like Grails, Angular frameworks, Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring, Micro Services , REST, NodeJS and others - provided by Dice Cloud Architecture, Infrastructure, AWS, Azure, Infrastructure Automation and Continuous Delivery
Keywords: UTG, St. Louis , Cloud Operations Engineer, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!