Senior DevOps Engineer
Company: Ascension Technologies
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job ID: 271182 Senior DevOps Engineer St Louis, Missouri Regular / Day
Additional Job Information
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
City, State: St Louis, MO
Location: MOSTL 4600 Headquarters
Department: ESD Admin
Additional Job Details: FT Days
Ascension Technologies is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
--- Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
--- Improve efficiency and care transitions
--- Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
--- Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
The Senior Technical Engineering Analyst applies technical expertise in one or more information technology disciplines to support the organization's technical infrastructure.
- Analyzes a chain of events and applies technical knowledge following established procedures.
- Successfully troubleshoots most applications problems independently.
- Participates in design, contributing technical insights and ideas.
- Helps formulate project scope and objectives.
- Works with customers to understand and explain business and technical issues, respond to user problems, explain new technologies, and present deliverables.
- Writes basic documentation of a new or proposed system.
- Shares knowledge effectively within the work team.
- Contributes to project plans, RFP's and RFI's. Desired Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating technical application requirements, data, and distribution to satisfy the application solution in a engineering role.
- Support the automation efforts related to Application, database and content.
- Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Collaboration with other efforts, projects and support, will be key to successful execution.
- Develop standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
- Make recommendations related to testing techniques and processes
- Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design, develop and support software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring and automation processes.
- Should be able to ensure that all processes required for CICD are documented and followed by the development team.
- Must be able to evaluate variety of open source technologies and cloud services Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience Desired Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field
- Professional certification(s) preferred Work Experience:
- Four years of experience preferred. Desired Work Experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years as a DevOps Engineer
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies with experience setting up the pipeline using CI/CD tools such as GItHub, Jenkins, Nexus etc.
- Develop, test and maintain build and deployment scripts using CI/CD framework/tools to automate and streamline deployment processes
- Experience with Splunk, ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Preferred experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, CA Wiley, AppDynamics, DataDog etc.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, or an equivalent
- Must have experience with DevOps concepts and automation skills Experience with Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Ability to analyze infrastructure automation requirements and code development
- Experience with Red Hat product stack, virtualization (Vmware, HyperV), API development, middleware, storage, messaging, and cloud technology
- Experience in scripting with Python, Ruby, YAML
- Excellent interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension Technologies, St. Louis , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!