Junior Structural Analysis Engineer
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6G5DP2 The Boeing Company is searching for Junior Structural Analysis Engineers for the Saint Louis, MO location. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs basic structural analysis using well defined analysis tools to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements.
- Performs basic structural analysis to determine structural integrity (margins of safety), using classical techniques and Boeing tools, to support drawing release and limited support to the Manufacturing Review Board process.
- Develops complex structural math models and performs analysis, using finite element methods, to develop internal loads and stresses in order to verify structural integrity.
- Performs basic structural analysis to support response to customer inquiries, service bulletin development, failure investigation and regulatory agency coordination.
- Performs structural analysis to support trade studies and configuration development.
- Creates strength check notes to document analysis.
- Provides inputs to formal documentation, to show compliance with Boeing, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and supports in-house software to enable efficient performance of engineering tasks.
- Assists in the research and preparation of data, to support definition of structural design requirements.
- Researches new technology applications, new product designs and structural life enhancement concepts, to support product improvement. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. This position requires an active or ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Two (2) or more years' experience in structural analysis. Preferred Qualifications:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Experience with PATRAN/NASTRAN Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. This position requires that you work out of Saint Louis, MO and may offer relocation assistance.Yes, 10 % of the Time SSM Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Junior Structural Analysis Engineer, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!