Human Factors Engineer - Mid Level
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6K8CP3 Boeing Defense Systems, based in St. Louis, Missouri, is looking for a talented engineer to join its Human Factors Engineering (HFE) team in supporting the design of state of the art defense products.
- This individual will perform human factors analysis and design on one of our major programs. The work will include contributing to HFE documentation and design solutions, developing plans for accomplishing HFE tasks, and evaluating customer/operational needs.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter and possess Human Engineering knowledge and a working understanding of the Systems Engineering process.
- A fundamental understanding of task and performance requirements for aircrew and maintainers and experience analyzing data are required.
- Tasking includes defining system performance requirements, as well as integrating technical parameters to ensure compatibility of physical, functional, and program interfaces with human operators and maintainers.
- The selected candidate will apply knowledge of military standards (such as MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD- 1787, MIL-STD-3009, and JSSG-2010 requirements) and conduct a variety of HFE analyses.
- Types of analyses include Design for Maintainer Analysis, Crew Station and Operator Analysis, Usability Analysis, Signal Analysis for Warnings/Cautions/Advisories, Anthropometric Studies, Task Analysis, Workload Assessments, Aircraft lighting and Night Vision Testing.
- The selected candidate will also monitor supplier design to ensure Human Engineering requirements are incorporated in their design.
- HFE tasks are accomplished within a team based collaborative environment to design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system solution.
- The successful candidate may also interface with disciplines across integrated product teams to assist with analyses for affordability, system safety, reliability & maintainability, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other quality factors that drive a preferred configuration that ensures mission success. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related Science
- Experience/knowledge of military standards (such as MIL-STL-1472, MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD-1787, MIL-STD-3009, and JSSG-2010 Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Fluent in MSOffice
- Military experience, while not required is desirable
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Engineering and/or Psychology Degree highly preferred Typical Education / Experience Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Yes, 10 % of the Time BDS Engineering Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Human Factors Engineer - Mid Level, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!