Electro-Optics Project Engineer-5
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6B1EP5 BDS Sensors and Special Programs is seeking a qualified Engineering Project Leader to be part of a growing EOIR capability team. This position will be assigned to the Electro-Optical/Infrared Sensors Capability Team and will be located in St. Louis, MO. We have a large and growing portfolio of EOIR products across multiple legacy and development platforms. A strong candidate will have a experience working a large integration effort and a history of building strong relationships with other teams and suppliers.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans.
- Responds to changes to SOW, assessing the impact and negotiating proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, cost and schedule.
- Works with the supplier and Boeing teams to build a EOIR integrated master schedule.
- Identifies and tracking performance metrics.
- Planning, identifying, and coordinating resources required over the life of the project or program.
- Defining plans for risk mitigation and opportunity.
- Comparing actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Develops and validates requirements for unique communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate multiple systems into higher level systems and platforms.
- Leads development of trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around complex requirements.
- Develops new and improved modeling and simulation techniques.
- Leads development and execution of critical tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues.
- Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
- Creates new tools to improve management of projects.
- Leads development of major sections of large-scale proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under consultative direction. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.Please include clearance level and date of last investigation clearly on your resume.Position will require you to be granted proprietary program access. Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Past experience in leading trade studies and or other forms of analysis. Preferred Qualifications:
- Electro-Optics or Opto-Mechanical design or integration experience.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Typical Education/Experience:
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. This position is located in Saint Louis, MO and may offer relocation assistance. Yes, 10 % of the Time SSM Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Electro-Optics Project Engineer-5, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!