Design and Analysis Engineer 3
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6B1BP3 The Boeing Research & Technology Avionics Systems Technology team in Saint Louis, MO is seeking a self-motivated embedded electronic system designer to participate in the development of future mission system technologies in the areas of avionics, sensor processing, autonomy, and human-system interfaces. Current areas of focus are advanced mission systems processing, unmanned autonomous vehicle mission systems, sensor processing, image processing, data/information fusion, small form factor computing and crew station environments. Must be able to take vague requirements and quickly translate them into prototype embedded solutions by team collaborations with customers. Prototyping projects focus on demonstrating new capabilities and the application of new technologies to existing and future Boeing product lines in the Electronics, Prototyping & Integration Center (EPIC). Efforts includes development of simulation, lab grade and flight prototype embedded environments for maturing and demonstrating electronic hardware systems. The prototype embedded systems will leverage off-the-shelf industry standard embedded form factors such as VPX and PCI, embedded real-time operating systems such as VxWorks and Integrity, and commercial environments such as Windows and Linux. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the worldThis position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Applicant must have at least 3 years of recent experience in embedded electronic system development and testing.
- Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. Preferred Qualifications:
- Circuit & printed wire design and packaging experience and the following toolsets:
- Mentor Graphics Toolset
- xDX Designer and xPCB Layout
- FPGA development experience with the Xilinx VHDL toolsets
- Basic programming skills with C/C++ or similar language
- Experience with VMS hardware systems
- Experience with CNI hardware systems Typical Education/Experience
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. This position is located in Saint Louis, MO and does not offer relocation assistance. Yes, 10 % of the Time Engineering Test and Tech Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Design and Analysis Engineer 3, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!