Fighter-Bomber Aircraft Sensor Development Engineer (Mid-Career)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6B1EP3 The Boeing Defense organization is seeking experienced engineers to develop and integrate state of the art RADAR, ELECTRONIC WARFARE, and ELECTRO-OPTICAL/INFRARED SENSORS on multiple fighter jets and advanced weapons systems in St. Louis, MO for our Air Force and Navy customers. If you have experience working on fighter or bomber platforms in avionics or have experience working with these or similar sensors this could be your dream job. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform hands-on requirements development & testing
- Oversee design and development, and conduct research on technology advances for current and future avionics sensor suites.
- Requires technical interface with customers and suppliers.
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under general direction. Current projects include both current fighter and bomber development (F-15, F/A18, EA-18G, F-22, B-52, B-1, B-2) as well as future platforms being developed in our Phantom Works division. This position will require a U.S. Security Clearance, you do not need a clearance to start, but you will be submitted and will need to be granted one. Existing Active Clearances are a plus, please clearly notate level, background investigation type, and date of most recent investigation on your resume.Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.This position requires an active or ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 2+ years of industry experience working in an engineering related discipline Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience with the Avionics development lifecycle in one or more of the following areas is desired:
- Electronic/component Design & Development
- Interface definition and management
- Writing aircraft and /or avionics requirements
- Data Link experience including Link-16
- Radar, Electronic Warfare, and/or Electro-Optical Sensor integration experience
- Technical Interface with customers
- Technical review / approval of supplier designs
- Weapons integration experience Typical Education/Experience:
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. This position requires that you work out of Saint Louis, MO and may offer relocation assistance. If you do not currently reside in or near this location, you must be willing to relocate at using relocation assistance. Yes, 10 % of the Time SSM Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Fighter-Bomber Aircraft Sensor Development Engineer (Mid-Career), Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!