Boeing AvionX Digital & Firmware Design Engineer-4
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States
The Boeing AvionX Defense Mission Computing (DMC) organization in Saint Louis, MO is seeking a well-qualified Digital & Firmware Design Engineer to support computing solutions for multiple customers. The Boeing AvionX DMC team is expanding the Mission Systems capabilities to be leveraged across multiple areas. The DMC product is and Open System Architecture (OSA) and enterprise product line approach to mission critical, secure core computing for real-time embedded, SWAP constrained (size, weight and power) avionics environments and key enabler for mission systems solutions in all future defense platforms. Qualified candidates must have demonstrated experience and proficiency in digital logic design, high-speed signal Integrity design, FPGA and programmable logic design. The candidate must also be able to effectively derive requirements, conduct trade studies for design, manufacturability, testability and factory support. The candidate must have effective communication skills for conveying technical approaches, trade-offs, risk assessments, and recommendations.
- In this role, you will work on the Boeing Defense Mission Computing team, to implement all aspects of the computing platform, including FPGA firmware, processes and tools
- This position has responsibilities in the areas of the following: Embedded Firmware Design, Circuit Design, Schematic Capture, Board Layout, Circuit Simulation and C++ Programming
- Tests and validates system designs to ensure they meet operational and functional requirements
- Helps investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to advance applications to meet company business needs
- Leads analysis of customer and system requirements and development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products
- Leads development of high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications
- Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements. Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product
- Plans research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Works under minimal direction
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.This position requires an active or ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience
- Demonstrated experience in Register Transfer Level (RTL) Coding and Simulation utilizing VHDL or Verilog
- Demonstrated experience with core simulation and debug experience using tools such as QuestaSim and ModelSim
- Test Bench Development for the Verification of RTL Blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Vivado IDE or Quartus Tool Suite
- Digital Circuit Architecture, Design, Resource Trade-Offs, Timing Analysis and Timing Closure
- Revision Control Concepts and Tools (e.g. ClearCase, Subversion, GIT)
- High-Speed Serial Protocols (PCIe, SRIO, Ethernet)
- High-Speed Memory Interfaces (DDRx)
- Scripting Languages (Python, Tcl) Electronic circuit design experience digital circuit design and/or analog circuit design
- Experience working with and partnering with cross-functional teams on projects and initiatives.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and work in a diverse team centric environment.
- SystemVerilog, UVM, and Objected-Oriented Programming
- Xilinx Virtex Ultrascale Devices
- High-Speed, Heavily Pipelined Data Path Designs
- IP Core Integration
- C/C++ Software
- Partial Reconfiguration in the Vivado Design Suite
- Experience in manufacturing engineering or a production environment.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in Saint Louis, MO and does not offer relocation.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Engineering Test and Tech
United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Boeing AvionX Digital & Firmware Design Engineer-4, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!