Design Engineer & Project Manager
Company: PMT: IPEG
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Position: Design Engineer & Project Manager
Location: St. Louis, MO
Segment: Pumps & Motor Technologies
(IPEG) is a distributor, service and repair company offering
industrial, commercial, sanitary and municipal products and
services. Services include Industrial Pumps and Process Equipment,
Motion Control Products, Industrial Valves, Industrial Filters,
Commercial Building Products and Services, Sanitary Products and
Services, Municipal Products and Services. IPEG has supplied
customers with liquid, air and vacuum handling equipment and
solutions for more than 60 years.
The Pump Motor Technology group is currently comprised of 14
companies spread throughout the United States and still growing!
Our aim is to be the primary source for rotating equipment and
process equipment solutions in the industrial and municipal
markets. The PMT group prides itself on providing a complete
solution for the ever-expanding pump and motor industry.
The PMT group represents some of the most reputable brand names in
the fluid handling, pump distribution, water/wastewater treatment
and fabrication industry. Our unparalleled service capabilities,
whether in-house or field service, provide each customer with the
problem solving and product knowledge to stand by our claim : we
service what we sell.
Just as there are multiple components for an effectively running
pump, it takes a team working together to be a success. A diverse
range of talent resides in the Pump Motor Technology group,
including engineers, inside and outside sales personnel,
machinists, winders, pump and motor repair technicians, field
service technicians, electricians, welders, millwrights, and more.
Do you want to be part of a team in an industry that keeps America
running? Join us today!
The Project Manager / Design Engineer shall produce submittal and
shop drawings in support of the sales staff. Determine the priority
of Fabrication projects and schedule projects accordingly. Produce
Bill of Materials and Material Quotes for Fabrication projects.
This also includes, but not limited to, acquiring quotes for
material, bidding project cost and labor, and researching design
specification. Positions will help determine the best course of
action to take with general shop issues.
- Create, Design, maintain and revise all design drawings using
Autodesk Inventor and AutoCad. This includes producing submittals
and fabrication drawings.
- Produce Bill of Materials and Request for quotes from
- Coordinate with other departments to meet the project
- Able to communicate with others and share ideas related to
fabrication of projects
- Determine best course of action for fabrication of a wide
variety of projects
- Run and oversee fabrication department (1-2 personnel)
- Read, analysis and verify customer specification for jobs and
any other standard that must be followed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year College or
technical school in Drafting or design required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of electrical, automation or
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Proficient with AutoDesk Inventor and Auto CAD or other CAD
- Knowledge of fabrication process, procedures, drawings and
- Knowledge of rotating equipment, specifically pumps is a
- Excellent customer relation and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Detail oriented, including accurate data entry skills
- Capable of working independently, as well as a team member
- High level office computer skills required. Microsoft Office
knowledge a must.
- Interact with co-workers with a positive attitude to maintain a
friendly and productive work environment
- A commitment to "doing it right the first time."
- Will interact with people frequently during a
- Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required
(including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety
glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel
objects on a frequent basis.
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
- May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic
devices on a continual basis to communicate with internal and
external customers or vendors.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire
duration of a shift/workday.
- Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis.
At OTC Industrial Technologies, we believe that our employees are
our greatest strength. Through investment in our people and growth
from within, we believe in providing you with a wide variety of
opportunities to accelerate your career potential as you help us
drive change to move our business forward.
For over 60 years, employing and developing the best-in-class
talent has been at the forefront of our success. By coupling our
teams' hands-on experience with a wide range of products from top
vendors, we provide customers with the best quality products and
technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible
Working with OTC Industrial Technologies is perfect for purpose
driven individuals who are motivated to be part of an exciting
Perks of Working with OTC Industrial Technologies:
As part of the OTC family, you'll enjoy competitive compensation
and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental,
and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan - Additionally,
we offer paid time off, short-and long-term disability coverage,
life insurance, tuition assistance, and Employee Assistance
Program. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for
professional and personal growth and recognition.
Keywords: PMT: IPEG, St. Louis , Design Engineer & Project Manager, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!