Senior Process and Industrial Water Engineer
Company: Stantec Consulting International Ltd.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Stantec Jobs - Senior Process and Industrial Water Engineer in
ST. LOUIS, Missouri, United States Search for City, State, Country,
Zip Code Search for Job Title or Keywords Flexible Working
Locations Browse by Location Senior Process and Industrial Water
Engineer - Stantec Jobs Job Information Senior Process and
Industrial Water Engineer ST. LOUIS , Missouri Senior Process and
Industrial Water Engineer - ( 230002QZ )DescriptionMany of the
world's top engineers and scientists come together in our Water
business because they view a community's interaction with water a
bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than
unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working
throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable
solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available
when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an
innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help
communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for
future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to
join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.Your OpportunityStantec's
growing Process & Industrial Water practice is seeking a highly
motivated Senior Process Engineer with heavy industrial/power
process, application, and operations experience to join our team.
The candidate will support project proposal and application
processes throughout the US and Canada.The role of the Senior
Process Engineer is to productively network with a wide array of
engineering, environmental, power, and water professionals on both
technical project execution and related business development
initiatives, as well as lead process evaluation and design
efforts.Candidate should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and
engineer systems or products for a project, and will perform a
variety of tasks which may include calculations, design sketches
and concepts, report preparation, and fieldwork.Projects assigned
may be broad, varied, and diverse in scope. You will analyze
proposed projects to ensure safety, reliability, resource
efficiency, and cost-effectiveness. Business
development/application activities range from intentional listening
to client needs and identifying related solution opportunities to
high-level business strategies and implementation planning. Senior
Process Engineers routinely assist in the development of detailed
proposals for a wide variety of project settings.Your Key
- Perform business development/application tasks and collaborate
with staff to increase project wins and develop long-lasting client
relationships. Routine tasks include:o Participate in business line
teams to manage and develop proposals.o client facing for business
development contact, meetings, and presentations.o scope of work
documents and estimateso division of responsibility (DOR) matriceso
collaboration with multiple business lines to develop
opportunities.o quality reviews
- Perform complex engineering design tasks on assigned water,
power, and industrial process and wastewater-related projects
through collaboration with a wide range of technical disciplines.
Routine technical tasks include:
- design basis documents
- engineering calculations including mass and energy
- engineering drawings
- engineering reports
- feasibility studies
- presentations to clients, regulatory agencies, and/or project
- quality reviews
- Engage in the development of a design through sketches,
electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Assist project managers with developing and managing the
project scope, budget, staffing, and schedule.
- Lead others in developing and coordinating project construction
- Conduct and/or coordinate quality assurance and quality control
on assigned projects and facilitates independent technical review
projects by others.
- Reviews contractor/vendor submittals for adherence to Contract
Documents and industry standards.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may
require meeting with clients, contractors, interested stakeholder
parties, and reviewing agency personnel.
- Coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final
- Assists in the development and updates of project design
standards and guidelines; prepares abstracts and technical
- Manage a team of design professionals and technicians.
- Mentor and supervise staff and develop high-performing project
- Assist with business development pursuits including proposal
preparation and participation in interviews.
- Interact with clients and management regarding the status of
project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Apply and share experience/knowledge of design expertise.
- Lead and manage the preparation of construction documents
including plans, specifications, and construction cost
- Research and understand issues related to regulatory and other
drivers that impact individual projects.
- Ensure that projects' needs are met in a timely and effective
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as
assigned.QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Can work well in a high-performance team environment without
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both
written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple
- Possess a hard-working and positive attitude
- Ability to perform mass & energy balance and hydraulic
- Ability to quickly assess industrial processes for core plant
- Working knowledge of coal combustion power generation process
and plant configurations
- Working knowledge of coal power and gas turbine power plant
generation process and related emissions control systems
- Ability and detailed knowledge of developing piping &
instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Ability to drive the development of process control narratives
to allow for the programming of process control systems
- Ability to translate industrial processes into clear
- General understanding of all phases of project document
production, client procurement procedures, and regulatory approval
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team settings
and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients,
contractors, equipment suppliers/vendors, funding agencies, and
reviewing agencies; to deliver technical presentations in public
forums in conferences and technical symposia.
- Possess excellent time-management skills, thorough
understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and
efficient use of time and available resources.
- Understanding of local and regional jurisdictional codes, legal
and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe.
- Experience with other software, such as Fathom, Arrow,
- PE license preferredEducation and ExperienceBachelor's degree
or equivalent in Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil/Environmental
Engineering from an accredited institution. Master's degree
preferred. Minimum of 20 years of total experience, with at least 2
years of operational experience.Typical office environment working
with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time.
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement
weather.This description is not a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the
employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be
assigned or may be changed at any time with or without
notice.Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to
build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact
on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal
best.Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees have
access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program,
health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan,
employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death &
dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability
plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement,
professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave.
Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In
addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10
and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more
generous, in accordance with state and local law).Temporary
employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase
program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local
law.Primary Location : United States-Missouri-St. LouisWork
Locations :St Louis MOOrganization : BC-1755 Water-US SouthEmployee
Status : RegularJob Level : Individual ContributorTravel :
NoSchedule : Full-timeJob Posting : Jul 10, 2023, 10:16:34 AMReq
ID: 230002QZStantec provides equal employment opportunities to all
qualified employees and applicants for future and current
employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic
information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit
discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring,
referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training,
terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in
compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and
ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO
including Disability/Protected Veterans Apply Now
- Share this job
- share to linkedin
- share to twitter
- share to facebook
- share by email FAQ Search & Apply Home Current Search Criteria
- Senior Process and Industrial Wa...
- ST. LOUIS
- Clear All
Keywords: Stantec Consulting International Ltd., St. Louis , Senior Process and Industrial Water Engineer, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!