Network Engineer II (Hybrid)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model
(combination of in-office and remote days).
The Network Engineer II will be responsible for the maintenance and
development of Automation and Data Analysis code and compute
environments within DOCSIS Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage systems, tools, and automations for DOCSIS
- Provide support to DOCSIS Operations to improve how we make
changes to the network.
- Plan and develop efforts that lead to improving the customer
- Adheres to company NCM policies and other related Engineering
- Collect and review requirements for development projects in the
areas of DOCSIS and Data Analysis.
- Develop automation code to meet project requirements.
- Develop data analysis code to create insights and automation
- Create Data products using Databases, Visualizers, and
- Document, test, and monitor all developed code.
- After-hours on-call to preserve system availability. BASIC /
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or
equivalent work experience.
- Minimum two (2) years development experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience with Python and PHP
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with relational databases
MariaDB or MySQL.
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience with HTML, CSS, and
- Experience working with Unix and Linux operating system.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Pandas,
matplotlib, Excel, etc is a plus.
- Experience with PERL / Linux Shell Scripting / Regex experience
is highly preferable.
- Ability and willingness to research and understand new
programming languages, paradigms, and frameworks.
- Understanding of Vue.js
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools (i.e. tcpdump,
netstat, iostat, traceroute, snoop).
- Experience developing customer-facing networks and
- Understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP,
FTP, NFS), switches and firewalls.
- Any certification in Python Development, Big Data, ML/AI is a
- Certifications in Linux (CentOS/RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu) is a
- Understanding of TypeScript and/or other flexible/generic type
- Experience with Rust is a plus - we are looking to use this to
enhance performance and reliability in some computationally
expensive parts of our tools
- Any certification in Kubernetes, Docker, Tanzu, Salt or Ansible
is a plus.
- Experience with GitHub or other SCM tools.
- Experience in DOCSIS and routing is a plus.
ENE309-NTO 326655-1 326655BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, St. Louis , Network Engineer II (Hybrid), Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!